Following the president’s briefing on Monday, the government has imposed a lockdown effective on Midnight 26th. The streets are expected to be empty on Friday. Breaking the lockdown rules in South Africa could be punished with imprisonment for up to a month or with a fine.
There are 19 cases of coronavirus unallocated per province. A national shutdown is imminent and found galavanting on the street as of Friday will get you arrested. No one is allowed to leave their homes. You are not allowed to visit your visits, all alcohol stores including taverns will be closed for 21 days.
The ZCC pilgrimage is canceled, Schools closed, Africa’s 2oceans canceled and so much more amid COVID-19 pandemic. A few things to know about the lockdown includes knowing which areas of business and facilities will be open and available at your disposal.
In South Africa, the following services will be open and available:
- Petrol Station
- Health Care Services
- Banking Services
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER
- You will be allowed to go buy food at your local store and ensure that you return home.
- All banks will be operational (Use sanitizers provided by the bank or food store when available)
- Emergency Services will remain operational such as Hospitals and Clinics.
- Taverns, restaurants will be closed.
- Petrol Stations will be open
THE GOVERNMENT IS STILL TO PUBLISH A FULL LIST OF NON-ESSENTIAL AND ESSENTIAL ACTIVITIES.iBusiness on COVID-19