Are you a Student at a legally registered institution and are you in your final year of study, and would like to have a Gold Graduate Account with Absa, or have you just Graduated? Absa has just an account for you. Get an account that has a small monthly fee of just R52.00. This account lets you use it for a period of 3 years (36 months) before you can be upgraded to a Gold Value Bundle Account.
Learn to manage your account with a Gold Graduate Account, and pay the lowest monthly fee. This account gives you access to an overdraft and credit way before you can experience your first income/salary. This account provides a free R50 food voucher every month at selected food outlets, amazing isn’t it? Not only that, you will get up to 30% discounts on a selected gym membership as well as on flights with Rewards Lite.
The Transactions included in your monthly fee of R52.00 are up to 5 Absa ATM cash withdrawals, 5 cash deposits.
The unlimited free transactions include electronic balance inquiry or statement inquiry be it on the Absa ATM, Internet Banking, Cellphone and/or telephone banking. (Balance Enquiries are free and unlimited)
When you make transfers and internal payments you won’t be charged a transaction fee (Included are internal debit order and stop orders).
When you make purchases with your card, or cash-backs, or beneficiary payments as well as external debit orders via any type of banking types such as Absa ATM, internet, telephone, and mobile banking, you won’t be charged a transaction fee.
Gold Graduate Account includes unlimited SMS notifications and/or email notifications. Your unused transactions in your Value Bundle roll over for one month if not used.
- You can get a 50% discount on monthly fees if your balance in your account holds more than R30 000 for a month.
- Some transaction will be based on a standard pay-as-you-transact fee, see pricing brochure, thus is important to know what you will be paying for.
- You also get R200 travel start voucher
- To qualify for your monthly benefits you have to keep your account active by making at least 6 transactions in a month and two of which have to be prepaid transactions.
- To redeem your benefits you have to use the USSD code: *120*9001# (Read more on the terms and conditions)
- To qualify for the account you have to be under 30 and have to be in your final year or have just graduated.
- A valid SA ID or Smart ID or a Passport
- Proof of residence that’s not older than 3 months
- Latest bank statement or payslip (If you need an overdraft allocated as a feature on your account)
- Proof of qualifications or transcript of your final year studies, or just any kind of proof that shows you are a final year student at any registered institution (Proof of Registration)
You can call 08600 08600 for additional information, alternatively, you can visit the nearest Absa Branch; you may visit the Absa Gold Graduate Account Page.
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19