I believe Students deserve some Credit when they work hard for it, see what I did there? Education is truly the future; it opens a whole new world of possibilities. Education teaches you to step out of your comfort zone – and let success in. It teaches you not to occupy your own space when it can be occupied by your own success – In order to let things in, you have to step out, but even when you do, it will remain your territory.
Absa gives you some Credit and it should well be appreciated as you build your profile and prepare you for a better future with the Student Credit Card – as you also learn how to manage your money along the way. If you get an allowance of R800 or more per month, you can apply for the Student Credit Card with Absa.
However, you have to be a full-time student at any university in South Africa, any FET College, University of Technology or a private tertiary institution like Belgium Campus in Pretoria, an IT varsity institution. You may compare it with Flexi Core Credit Card by Absa and suggest it for postgraduates who started working and earning R2000 or above.
Absa Student Credit Card Benefits
Students can enjoy financial freedom while they are still on campus, giving them an abundance opportunity to learn more about the budget and preparing them for the future. Here are the benefits:
[ht_message mstyle=”success” title=”” show_icon=”” id=”” class=”” style=”” ]
- The student credit card account has no monthly fee.
- As a beginner, this credit card will help you build a credit history for yourself, you will be able to increase your credit score and be able to qualify for higher credit when you pass the affordability test.
- It is accepted all over the world
- The Absa Student Loan Credit Card allows you to get up to 57 days of free interest.
- You get basic travel insurance by default when you open a Flexi core credit account with Absa
Do I qualify for Absa Student Credit Card?
To qualify for an Absa Student Credit Card, you have to be a full-time student and a monthly allowance; this will be used as an affordability test to determine if you qualify for the Credit Card. Here are the requirements:
- Your monthly income or allowance has to be R800 or more to qualify
- You must be 18 and less than 31 years old to qualify for the Aba Student credit account
- You must be registered at SAQA-approved institution, any university, private institutions, university of technology and FET colleges.
- For more information go to The Absa Student Credit Card Page
The Aba Student Credit Card requires the following documents for assessment and approval of the application process.
[ht_message mstyle=”info” title=”” show_icon=”” id=”” class=”” style=”” ]
- A valid South Africa Identity Document (SA ID) or a Smart Card ID
- You must produce proof of residence not older than 3 months
- Proof of income/allowance stating the latest 3 monthly payments
NOTE: There are no monthly fees, however – the credit facility monthly fee will be charged at R25
For more information contact the Absa credit card facility on 0861 114 411, and/or get 24-hour support on 0861 462 273, in a case if stolen cards call 0800 111 155, alternatively email any queries to email@example.com