Absa gives you more value for your money with a Student Silver Account if you are a student. You can do your daily banking transactions knowing that you only pay the lowest R26.00 monthly fees. This account doesn’t limit your card swipes, you can swipe as many times as you can – giving you the freedom to manage your money around the clock.
This account can be used for 4 years before upgrading to a Gold Graduate Account. Get your Student Silver Visa Card and get 100MB of data every month.
[ht_message mstyle=”success” title=”” show_icon=”” id=”” class=”” style=”” ]See also: Absa Student Banking – Gold Graduate Account[/ht_message]
You will get food vouchers, R150 travel voucher, and up to 30% gym discounts. Your Student Silver Account with Absa lets you finance your tuition fees, study material including textbooks, etc. with an Absa student loan.
[ht_message mstyle=”success” title=”” show_icon=”” id=”” class=”” style=”” ]
- Lowest R26.00 monthly fees with such a low fee, you still get an unlimited Absa Online banking, Cellphone Banking as well as Telephone banking.
- Get notified of your account activities and or transactions via NotifyMe SMS and email notification for free and it’s unlimited.
- You can have your eStatement sent to your mail.
- Debit and orders, as well as electronic payments, are unlimited including card swipes and withdrawals.
- ATM balance enquires, cash deposit and withdrawals are free, however, cardless cash deposits have their own fees.
- Transferring funds among your accounts are unlimited, as well as CashSend withdrawals at any Absa ATMs.
- You get up to 30% off on flights with Reward Lite as well as access to all Absa ATMs in South Africa.
- To qualify for your monthly benefits you have to keep your account active by making at least 5 transactions in a month and two of which have to be prepaid transactions.
- To redeem your benefits you have to use the USSD code: *120*3475# (see Student Benefits Website)
- To qualify for the account you have to be between the age of 18 and 2 and have to be a full-time student
- A valid SA ID or Smart ID or a Passport
- Proof of residence that’s not older than 3 months
- Latest bank statement or payslip (If you need an overdraft allocated as a feature on your account)
- Proof of Registration at a tertiary institution