Absa gives you more value for your money with a Student Silver Account if you are a student. You can do your daily banking transactions knowing that you only pay the lowest R26.00 monthly fees. This account doesn’t limit your card swipes, you can swipe as many times as you can – giving you the freedom to manage your money around the clock.
This account can be used for 4 years before upgrading to a Gold Graduate Account. Get your Student Silver Visa Card and get 100MB of data every month.
You will get food vouchers, R150 travel voucher, and up to 30% gym discounts. Your Student Silver Account with Absa lets you finance your tuition fees, study material including textbooks, etc. with an Absa student loan.
- To qualify for the account you have to be between the age of 18 and 2 and have to be a full-time student
- A valid SA ID or Smart ID or a Passport
- Proof of residence that’s not older than 3 months
- Latest bank statement or payslip (If you need an overdraft allocated as a feature on your account)
- Proof of Registration at a tertiary institution
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19