This is the most basic Absa Account, which has the lowest monthly fees and is suitable for people who have no income as yet and/or anyone who is earning less than R3000 per month. It’s as basic and standard and can be able to be utilized to do your daily banking needs.
The Absa Transact Account comes with features such as cellphone and Internet banking giving you the freedom of doing your daily banking transactions at the comfort of your own home worry-free – and all that for free, including using your account to make basic things such as topping up your prepaid accounts (Electricity or airtime or just purchasing Data, SMS etc.)
This account lets you in Absa loan facilities – and you can use the account to send money via CashSend to anyone even if they have no accounts with Absa.
What does Absa Transact Account offer?
- The lowest monthly fees of R5.30
- You access remote banking for free (Internet, Cellphone and Telephone banking)
- You can swipe your debit card as much as you can.
- If you feel the need to, there are selected retailers where you can withdraw your cash.
- Use the account to top up your prepaid accounts
- Statements are available at any Absa ATM or visit any Absa branch and request for any kind of Statement you need relating to your transact account.
- Checking your balance is unlimited, at Absa ATMs, selected retailers, or non-Absa banks such as Capitec, Netbank, Standard Bank and FNB.
- You can make use of CashSend to send money to your friends and family who don’t have a bank account.
- You can do all sort of transactions at any Absa ATM
- You get NotifyMe SMS access to be able to track your account transactions
- You can be able to pay banking fees for a family member, employee or dependent with a feature known as ‘Bank on Me’
- 30% discounts on flights with Reward Life – travel around knowing that you are saving money
Requirements to apply
Anyone with little to no income qualifies for an account with a low monthly fee of R5.30. Documents needed are as follows:
- Your Valid South African Identity Document
- Proof of residence not older than 3 months
- Opening balance of R20 into your account.
For more information visit the Absa Transact Account Page or call 08600 08600 or email email@example.com, alternatively, you can visit the nearest branch for further assistance. Absa is an Authorized Financial Services Provider and a registered credit provider (NCRCP7).
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19