This is the American Express’ every day Gold Credit Card to take care of your basic financial needs with an abundance of benefits. With this credit card, you can transfer the balance between your accounts – or you can store cards to your American Express Gold Card at a low rate of 9.90% for the first half a year.
You can choose to settle your Gold Credit Card in full, or pay a minimum of 5% on a monthly basis. The card comes with the Payment Protection Plan should anything happen to you. Your Credit Card Payment Protect Plan covers you for up to R150 000.
When you purchase your travel tickets using the American Express Gold Credit Card, both you and your family are instantly covered for up to R1 million, both locally and internationally. You have an optional comprehensive Top-up cover that’s available at discounted rates for your convenience.
- Get a Payment Protection Policy should be unable to make regular payments, or in the event that the cardholder passes on. You are automatically covered for up to R150 000 and this includes any budget facility.
- You can transfer the balance from another Credit Card or you can store the card into your Platinum Credit Card at a low-interest rate of 9.90% for the very first 6 months of your account.
- Additionally, you can apply for free Supplementary American Gold Credit Cards (Ideally for your spouse/partner or family, if you may, you can add friends)
You will only pay a minimum of 5% of the outstanding balance per month should you not decide to settle your outstanding balance.
Make purchases locally and internationally wherever you see the American Express Sign. You may do so in over 200 countries worldwide at over 60 000 merchants.
For a very small fee, you can activate your online banking for access to balance and account transactions. If you would like to activate your eStatements, you can do so by dialing 0860 555 111.
- To earn a point and reward join the Membership Rewards™ Programme.
- Earn a point for every R5 spent on your Gold Credit Card (These purchase and have to be eligible for a point)
- Rewards points may never expire and can be redeemed for a range of travel and lifestyle rewards
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19