It has been made possible to check the status of your application for the unemployed COVID-19 Grant Relief in South Africa regardless of the method of submission. Many South Africa are losing patient as SASSA seem to be talking take to respond, however, iBusiness reported the issue and explained why the delay.
Whether you applied using USSD, WhatsApp, Email, or the SASSA SRD online portal – you can now check your status online.
Sometimes the system may have not been able to notify you or your application may have not been submitted corrected.
- Check the status of your COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant application using the WhatsApp number 082 046 8553 if you applied using WhatsApp (WhatsApp the word ‘Status’)
- You will be asked if you want to check the status for yourself or someone else
- You will have to provide the Reference code which is alphanumeric for WhatsApp users, and just numeric for others.
- Visit https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status if you applied using email, USSD or the online portal
You will be asked to provide:
- Your ID number,
- The number used to apply
- Your status will then be displayed,
iBusiness on COVID-19