Check your R350 Grant Relief Status Now (USSD, WhatsApp, Email and Online Applications)

It has been made possible to check the status of your application for the unemployed COVID-19 Grant Relief in South Africa regardless of the method of submission. Many South Africa are losing patient as SASSA seem to be talking take to respond, however, iBusiness reported the issue and explained why the delay.

Whether you applied using USSD, WhatsApp, Email, or the SASSA SRD online portal – you can now check your status online.

Sometimes the system may have not been able to notify you or your application may have not been submitted corrected.

• Check the status of your COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant application using the WhatsApp number 082 046 8553 if you applied using WhatsApp (WhatsApp the word ‘Status’)
  • You will be asked if you want to check the status for yourself or someone else
  • You will have to provide the Reference code which is alphanumeric for WhatsApp users, and just numeric for others.
  • Visit https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status if you applied using email, USSD or the online portal

You will be asked to provide:

• Your ID number,
  • The number used to apply
  • Your status will then be displayed,

Nolwazi B. Cungwa 29 June 2020 at 12:31 pm

I’ve applied for my brother, its approved, where can I get the money, please help

Siyavuya Tshayingwe 29 June 2020 at 11:48 am

I applied on the 11th of May and my status is approved but I didn’t get any message..I went to the post office and they said my application is not done yet

Khensani Gladys 28 June 2020 at 3:48 pm

Please reconsider my application I did a mistake instead of malungane I wrote malungane.id number 66***..14**6

Steve Kekana 27 June 2020 at 7:43 pm

I have applied and my application has been approved but I didn’t yet received the money ….i Don’t know why ?

Pelisa 27 June 2020 at 12:18 pm

I was applied for my son in the beginning of may bt still pending

Puleng 27 June 2020 at 8:31 am

Hi, I have applied for my uncle, aunt and brother in May using email but no luck. I did check on the link to check the status but it shows both failed and ok. Please advise.

Zandisile 26 June 2020 at 10:03 pm

I applied for my brother on May. The status said approved but we don’t know what to do.

Pranav Maharaj 26 June 2020 at 1:47 pm

I have applied over what’s app and my form has been approved when I checked the status. Unfortunately there is no information on how to go about collecting the grant. I have been to sassa office where I was told to call a number which does not work. Please shed light on this situation

Johan 25 June 2020 at 9:00 pm

I have been waiting from 11 of nay for my approval and it is still saying pending???????

lusizo kakana 25 June 2020 at 4:25 pm

I’ve applied for my cousin sister in May and her application was approved, now she lost the phone she was using and now has a new number so how can she change the number and give you a new one so she can complete her application?

Isaac More 26 June 2020 at 2:32 pm

contact Sassa on srd@sassa.gov.za and please make sure you fully explain the amendments you want to make Lusizo