An FNB Fixed Deposit Account is an investment account that has a fixed term; this account has a higher interest rate with a maximum nominal rate of 8.00% over a period of 60 months.
You can open this account with a minimum opening deposit of R10 000 with FNB. This account is free and has no monthly maintenance fees. The minimum investment period is 7 days, whereas the maximum investment period is 60 months.
Choose your investment period, and still have access to your funds during your investment period. You can open the account online and manage your funds easily. Clients older-aged 55 years and older get preferential interest rates.
Fixed Deposit Account Features
- The Fixed Deposit Account with FNB is risk-free, this means that your investment amount and quoted returns are guaranteed, thus it is the safest way to invest your money
- You can increase your investment by adding more money at maturity
- Interest rates are fixed during the term of the investment
- Preferential rates are offered for clients aged 55 or older
- Earn eBucks Reward
- You can reinvest your interest earned, or have it in your account for use
How to Apply
- To qualify for the FNB Fixed Deposit Account you have to be a South African Citizen
- You can apply online in easy steps OR have FNB contact you or contact them for investment purposes
- Have a minimum deposit amount of R10 000
- You may visit the nearest FNB branch
- Your Valid South African ID or Smart ID Card
- Proof of residence that’s not older than 3 months
Other Fixed Deposit Accounts