Here’s what you can do when changing SASSA payment method for the R350 grant

Following the previous report, SASSA has opened a pathway that enables applicants of the R350 Special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant to change how they want to get their pension funds. This opportunity came into effect after there has been a number of bad experiences from the applicants who were unable to retrieve their funds from the South Africa Post Office.

The flexible way that’s now been enabled to access your Special COVID-19 Temporary SRD, where clients can choose their convenient outlets lets you do the following.

• Change from one payment method to another

In a case where you were unable to receive your funds from the bank and/or the post office, SASSA now lets you change your details easier than you can ever imagine. When accessing the system you will be able to change from one payment method to another, be it you want to access your funds from the bank or the post office.

If you send the incorrect details the system will throw you into the Post Office’s queue of payments. Please note that you cannot under any circumstance use someone else’s banking details.

• Opt from receiving their grant at the Post Office to a bank account of their choice or vice versa;

Basically this is what’s the whole point is about, changing method of payment to be able to receive the grant at the Post Office or the bank, the choice is yours. You can also change the method of payment from a bank to a Post Office.

• Move their payments from one bank to another;

You can change banks, if you were using ABSA and would like to use CAPITEC, you may do so, or Perhaps move form Tymebank to NEDBANK, or vice versa.

• Choose a cash send option;

SASSA lets you choose the cash send option, where you can choose how to receive your funds with the bank of your choice.

• Clients who opt for cash send must also use the cellphone registered in their name only.

It is also important to note that This flexible option will be open only from Monday, 03 August – Sunday, 09 August 2020 – 24 hours a day.

‘Approved applicants or clients of the COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant can change their payment preference by visiting https://srd.sassa.gov.za’

How do I change my banking details

Visit https://srd.sassa.gov.za/ If you are an approved beneficiary of the SASSA SRD R350 Grant and you wish to change your banking details, and submit your ID Number on the form at the very bottom of the SRD website.

• An SMS containing a secure link, unique to you, will be sent to the mobile phone number with which you registered during application.
  • Click on the link in the SMS and follow the instructions carefully.
  • Should you select payment into a bank account, please ensure that you are the owner of the account. SASSA cannot pay your grant to another person’s bank account.
  • Should you select the money transfer option via one of the major banks, please ensure that the mobile phone number on which you received the SMS is registered in your name. SASSA cannot pay your grant to a mobile phone number that is registered to another person.
  • Please also note that the new banking details will only be used for future payments, after verification.

Mshoza, Queen of Kwaito dies 37

SASSA SRD R350 Update: November is now pending soon to be approved

This is why Friday the 13th is considered unlucky

Trisanne 4 August 2020 at 4:23 pm

Hi I haven’t got a response I applied in May

Robbeline 4 August 2020 at 4:15 pm

I registered on may and lost my phone then changed number
And registered again with my new number and got the reference number but when I check my status
It says failed
When I call sassa the number is always busy
Please kindly help

Alungile 4 August 2020 at 3:32 pm

This link is not working
I want to change from post office to my bank account

jabulani simelane 5 August 2020 at 6:12 pm

jabulani simelane 5 August 2020 at 6:17 pm

i want to use my bank details for the sassa convid 19 grant help. the website is not working i want to change from post office to my bank account.

Sonelisiwe 6 August 2020 at 2:58 am

I’ve received a message from June its written i have approved but the Identity number does not match and then I went to the Sassa to confirm and they sent me to the Post office while I was there they didnt assist me they said I should go to the Sassa link so I did again the application and I received the massage saying I have approved while I didn’t get money .

Ian Harvard 4 August 2020 at 10:26 am

I am still awaiting approval? Why is this taking so long,is anyone actually working on this?,

Mary-Anne Mackay 4 August 2020 at 9:02 am

Well I’m not black and I’m still pending fron June I’m sure IL be approved after October when this s**t is done and the money stolen

Zama 4 August 2020 at 8:59 am

The link is not working, have tried several times.

Thato mashiya 4 August 2020 at 7:20 am

My name is Thato Mashiya, I have applied for the grant in May and till now when I check my status it still says pending, I want to know why.

Please assist
Thato Mashiya
06*…7987

Andre Jacobs 4 August 2020 at 7:02 am

I haven’t gotten my R350 grant since June. When will i my grant money? And will i receive dubbel since I’ve haven’t got anything yet?

leone van de venter 4 August 2020 at 5:00 am

send numerous emails regarding R350 denied due to IRP registered, I dont work for 7 years now, SARS dont delete your SARS number, it stays there even though you dont contribute……

Evigail 4 August 2020 at 12:19 am

My application has been pending since may

1 2 3 8