How to apply:
Once your application has been submitted and received the following should be taken into account.
- No paper based applications will be accepted.
- Payment will be effected through a channel of your choice.
- Citizens without bank accounts can also apply. In this case payment will be effected through a money transfer, once all the necessary validations have been completed.
- Once applications are approved, SASSA will request confirmation of bank account through a secure site – this will also be done electronically.
- Any applicant has the right to request confirmation that this request is from SASSA to protect themselves.
- APPLICATIONS ARE FREE: There is no charge to apply – applicants are cautioned not to buy “application forms” – these are not genuine and will not be processed.
- Applicants are cautioned not to provide their banking details to anyone.
SASSA will only request banking information once the application has been approved.
- All beneficiaries and applicants should never give their PIN number or the CVV number on the back of the banking card to anyone – not even SASSA.
When change payment preference, clients can:
- Change from one payment method to another
- opt from receiving the grant at the Post Office to a bank account of their choice or vice versa
- move their payments from one bank to another
- choose a cash send option using a cell phone registered in their name only
To change your payment preference visit https://srd.sassa.gov.za
To check the status of your application visit https://srd.sassa.gov.za
Important to note:
Applicants will have to sign a declaration and consent to their information being validated and shared with other organisations and financial institutions such as SARS and banks. A detailed declaration and consent document is available on this website. During the application process, applicants are expected to agree or disagree to this document by confirming for instance through a yes or no option. Successful applicants will have to provide their banking details for payment purposes or their bank of choice for a cash transfer.