Bolt (Formally known as Taxify) was discovered in 2013, a lucrative business that offers vehicles for hire including food delivery services in some parts of the world and micro-mobility. Although Bolt is now a worldwide business, it’s headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia. Bolts operate in 35 countries and 150 cities in Europe, Africa, North America, and Western Asia.
There have been over 30 million customers globally and the number keeps on growing. Bolt has over 1 million registered drivers.
Bolt has no schedule, you become your own boss and you’ll be able to earn massive profit. It is a great way to start when you have bills to pay, even though Bolt has strict rules, you are required to meet minimum activity each day/week.
You will be able to pay for your studies, provide for your family, purchase new clothes, a new phone, or even a whole new car because when you work hard, you will be able to earn a lot of money – it’s unlimited. You can even start your own business with the cash you make with Bolt, it’s your money, do whatever you want.
Bolt is ready to partner with you if you have a car.
How to become a bolt driver?
You can become a bolt driver in just a few steps, as there are requirements, and here they are: (As stated by the bolt)
- have a vehicle or vehicle details and contact details of a partner on the platform with a car
- valid driver’s license (more info here)
- Motor Vehicle License Disc with Operating Card (Double disc)
- a professional driving permit (PrDP) service provider card (more info here)
- Vehicle Certificate of Registration (COR – more info here)
- Comprehensive Insurance (5 million rand passenger liability included)
- Vehicle Inspection report DEKRA OR TRA (more info here)
- A vehicle year model 2013 and above (depending on the city you operate in), 4 doors, luggage capacity 350L, AC
- Clean criminal record
- Smartphone (Android device Operating System (OS) 6 & Apple iOS 8 and newer)
When you have met all the requirements listed above, you can then Sign Up on their website and you will be able to attach the necessary documents, this is necessary to speed up your application.
Once you are done registering, you will receive an email about training as well as all the necessary information needed, and it is imperative that you sign up for training.
Remote training is also permitted, however, if you are in Cape Town, the training will be held in M5 Office Park, Unit 7, Block B, Eastman Rd, Maitland, if you are in Johannesburg, the training will be held in 9 Charles Crescent, Strathavon, Sandton, 2031, or you can do it remotely at the comfort of your own home if you are in other cities such as Potchefstroom.
When you have passed the training, for every car built before 2013 a check-up is necessary by Bolt team members ensuring the vehicle meets all the requirements.
In 1 to 3 days, you will be ready to start ‘Bolting’ in your town or city.
- You will then be required to download the Bolt Driver: Drive & Earn App on your android or iOS.
- Login with your chosen username and password (You will receive these details when you have been successfully approved)
- You can swipe right to go online and set your driving radius
- When you get a ride request, the pickup address will be displayed and estimated time to get there
- Swipe right to accept requests, you will be given 20 seconds to do so
- Once you have arrived at the pickup point, swipe right to notify the passenger that you have arrived
If the passenger is not with you within 4 to 5 minutes, call them, “You can find the option to call the passenger when you click on the three stripes in the upper right corner“.
After 5 minutes, you can cancel the ride is more the exception than the rule when the rider did not show up, your activity score will not be affected if you mark ‘client did not show’ as the reason of cancellation.
When the passenger reached their destination, swipe right to end the ride, and wish your passenger a good day, you may ask politely for a 5-star rating.
How much does bolt pay?
Before we get into payments, customers will pay for the ride using either cash or Bolt in-app payments(card payments). A payments cycle runs from Monday 00:00 to Sunday 23:59 with statements issued after.
If you are due to receive payments, Bolt will send funds during the first half of the week and give it 1 – 3 business days for funds to reflect in your account.
Bolt has no hidden fees, and you get an average commission of 15%, for more information, contact Bolt via email on firstname.lastname@example.org (South Africa).
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19