Just hours before lockdown, President Cyril Ramaphosa addresses the nation, courtesy of SABC.
“The South African Police Services and the South African National Defence Force will from midnight today play an important role in supporting and enforcing the nations’ compliance with the restriction of movement of people under the National State of Disaster and lockdown.” The Presidency announced.
“The nation-wide lockdown will be enacted in terms of the Disaster Management Act wherein the majority of the population are compelled to stay at home” continued the Presidency in a statement.
- SA COVID-19 Lockdown: Essential Goods and Services explained
- Gov: Free Browsing During Lockdown, Stay informed (coronavirus.datafree.co)
- Breaking lockdown rules may land you in jail for up to a month or fined
- COVID-19 Pandemic: No walks, No Jogging, stay Home
- COVID-19 updates: There are a total of 927 coronavirus cases in South Africa
- COVID-19: “a nation-wide lockdown for 21 days with effect from midnight on Thursday 26 March”
- COVID-19: 7 things to know about South African Lockdown, Guidelines, and Information