In May of 2020 until the end of May South Africa will be on Level 4. Just as with Level 5, all COVID-19 health and safety protocols are expected to be followed and adhered to throughout the lockdown. You are expecting to perform and practice social distancing, sanitation, and hygiene and use a face shield or mask as explained and determined by NDH (National Department of Health).
- ‘People may travel to perform and acquire services only where such services cannot be provided from the safety of one’s home.’
- Permitted Services added include:
- Automotive manufacturing, including components, scaling up in phases to 50% employment;
- Stationery production, scaling up in phases to 50% employment
- Cement, other construction material, and hardware scaling up in phases to 50% employment;
- All other manufacturing, scaling up to 20% employment
- Road and bridge projects;
- Other public works civil engineering projects;
- The sale of hot cooked food, only for home delivery;
- Stationery and educational books;
- Personal ICT equipment including computers, mobile telephones, and other home office equipment;
- Restaurants only for food delivery services (9 am-8 pm) and subject to curfew (no sit-down or pick-up allowed)
- Public rail, minibus taxi, and bus services will resume at levels and on terms as will be set out in Directions, based on the progressive increase in commuter numbers during the various phases;
- Essential imported goods will be prioritized through ports of entry and for transport and handling to final users. Directions will be issued in respect of other goods
- Open-cast mining scaling up to full employment;
- Licensing, permitting and deeds offices;
- Any other service designated by the Executive Authority, HODs, Heads of Courts, and Heads of other Chapter 9 Institutions
‘People can exercise under strict public health conditions, subject to directions, which will exclude organized activities, recreational facilities, and gyms’
The sale of alcohol and cigarettes is still not permitted on level 4.
Check your symptoms & stop the spread of COVID-19 with the Government’s official HealthCheck. Dial *134*832# (free) or send ‘Check’ on WhatsApp to 0600123456. Department of Health. Stay home, Stay Safe.