Most Sassa’s R350 grant applicants are registered for PAYE with SARS

Currently, SASSA has been sending out reasons for declining applications. (Not sure about those who have already been rejected without the reason why). Rejected applicants seem to be registered for PAYE with SARS.

PAYE stands for (Pay As You Earn) which is the amounts deducted that should be paid to SARS by the employer on a monthly basis. Employers complete an EMP201 (Monthly declaration form) declaring the total payment together with the allocations for PAYE, SDL, UIF, and/or (ETI), if applicable.

This means you have a unique PRN (Payment Reference Number) used as a reference. If you are registered for PAYE, SARS will assume you are still working, hence it’s very important to keep your information updated with SARS and the Department of Labour.

To have this matter resolved, it is best to visit the SARS branch or Call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 SARS (7277).

Ask of the documents needed – some of which may be the following:

• A bank certified original bank statement or an original letter from the applicant’s bank on an official bank letterhead
  • Certified Copy of ID or passport
  • Original or certified copy of:
    • Municipal or fixed-line account issued to the applicant to confirm the applicants’ physical address
    • An affidavit issued by the commissioner of oaths
    • Utility account
    • Mobile phone account statement
    • Lease agreement.
  • SARS will provide you with a list of all the documents needed.

Suran 23 June 2020 at 2:16 am

My status says approved but no funds received yet..they have not even asked for my bank details but on status page it says payment date 18 June..can someone plse reply if same issue

Keang 23 June 2020 at 12:37 am

I am affected, not only did my application declined for this R350 SASSA relief. I am struggling to apply for the Covid 19 ters employees Benefit with the department of Labour too because my employer only deducted PAYE and not UIF to SARS, therefore I am unable to get any of these grants. It is now more than 80 days without any form of ncome or relief.

Edwin Nage 23 June 2020 at 12:36 am

Thomas 22 June 2020 at 9:01 pm

I was declined because tjey said i was getting money from another source,cause i worked for 6 years for a company and i never claimed my uif.so if i was declined is it possible to claim my uif after a year,cs m nt getting any income cos i was depending on the srd which was declined.

Jurie Bezuidenhout 22 June 2020 at 7:04 pm

Hallo Zack
My applicatiom was rejected, more than a month after I applied.
Ironically, Till today I did not received it in writing, I saw it via the internet link. I have no reason why my application was denied either, although I did send an email and attempt to call.
As you surely aware of, that no back pay will be permitted, which is nonsense. As I see it, Sassa play for time, not to pay these grants as for one or a little as possible payouts.
The latest excuse for majority declined applications are Paye registered with SARS. Which in turn my SARS registration state that I am without work. NOWHERE on Sassa application requirements are is any mentioning of SARS registrations, it states that you do not receive any other grants etc etc etc – and on top off all this, refugees can apply and most probably… Again the. SOUTH African citizen are kicked in the shin.
On a last note: In a scenario where your family is hungry, will you feed your family first, before you feed the neighbors… Or do you leave your family hungry and rather feed the neighbors.

Keep up th3 excellent articles.

Sibusiso Abie georgere 22 June 2020 at 6:32 pm

Hi I’m not working I was working for contract last December 2019 contract finish I was first pending when I cheked my status says declined and I’m not working for 7months what must I do my I’d

Susie de Bruin 22 June 2020 at 12:35 pm

We live in hope and cancellation of my PAYE number is silly. Should I get a contract again to earn an income I must go through the whole process to re-register and all the pitfalls that comes with that.
SASSA should just get their programmers to stop being lazy and test the last date any PAYE was paid into the system by an employer. No money is available to claim after 6 months

Marizette 22 June 2020 at 6:54 am

Why should employees struggle with this sars makes it impossible to de~register. Why the systems do not work is beyond me, years of looting and not making it any easier for tax payers. Now they can’t get grants cause the system is not up to date. Sars and 5he government need to get their systems integrated with banks and update platforms online to make it quicker.

Sagobala jeofrey Popela 22 June 2020 at 1:06 am

Hi. How can I check if the application for sassa R350 grand relief is been approved? Please help.

Isaac More 22 June 2020 at 3:46 am

Hi Sagobala, visit ‘SRD SASSA WEBSITE‘ you’ll be asked for your ID and number

Susie de Bruin 22 June 2020 at 12:39 pm Reply
Sphamandla Erasmus Moloi 22 June 2020 at 12:14 am

I was declined for no reason but Im not working not getting money from anywhere I never registered anything from SARS

Isaac More 22 June 2020 at 3:49 am

Hi Spha, PAYE is registered by companies on behalf of employees

Delanie 23 June 2020 at 6:49 pm