WhatsApp is used by over 2 billion people worldwide with more and more installations on a daily basis. WhatsApp, owned by Facebook – has recently been adding more features to the app to keep our conversations interesting. The world appreciates WhatsApp, as it also now used by professionals (businesses) around the world.
Every now and then, there will be more added to the app to enhance security as well as to remain the most useful tool and app anywhere for anyone.
Whatsapp published the new features which will be rolling out over the new next weeks. The features include animated stickers, QR codes, and more.
Here’s a full list of features published by the Official WhatsApp blog.
- Animated Stickers: Stickers are one of the fastest-growing ways people communicate on WhatsApp, with billions sent every day. We are rolling out new animated sticker packs that are even more fun and expressive.
- QR codes: We are making it easier than ever to add new contact. Soon when you meet someone new, you will be able to scan their QR code to add them to your contacts. No more tapping in their digits one at a time.
- Dark mode for WhatsApp web and desktop: The incredibly popular Dark Mode theme now extends to your computer.
- Improvements to group video calls: With now up to 8 people on a video call, we’ve made it easier to focus on whoever you want by letting you press and hold to maximize a participant’s video to full screen. We also added a video icon in group chats of 8 or less, so you can easily start a group video call with 1-tap.
- Status comes to KaiOS: KaiOS users can now enjoy the popular feature that lets you share updates that disappear after 24 hours.
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19