Capitec is one of the most utilized and affordable banks in South Africa. When they say it’s a simpler way to bank, it’s very literal from the iBusiness blogger’s review. Opening an account with Capitec is as simple as with any other bank, all that’s required is your ID document and visit the nearest Capitec branch you can find.
Furthermore, you can download your Capitec App, and have it activated only once at the branch. If you have been already been receiving your salaries with a different bank, you can simply make a big move – and join the Capitec family.
How to move your debit orders and salary to Capitec
Visit the nearest branch with your ID to open your account and then you can authorize debit orders, or if you already have an account with Capitec, you can simply move your debit orders.
Moving your Salary
To successfully move your Salary to Capitec, you will receive a letter with your New Capitec account number on it, or find yours at the front of the bank card for existing Capitec clients.
Give your new banking details (Capitec Account) to your employer and inform them that you’d like your salary paid into the Capitec Account
Moving your Debit Orders
Moving debit orders is completely different. Please follow the following steps:
- Fill in a form found on Capitec’s Website
- You will be required to upload a copy of your latest bank statement reflecting the debit orders that you’d like to move.
- An agent will contact you at your preferred time when you’ve successfully uploaded the correct details and documents and have verified the move.
- If this sounds too much, you can visit the nearest branch with your latest bank statement,
- Furthermore, contact the Capitec Client’s Care Centre on 0860 10 20 43
- Moving debits orders will take a few days to complete.
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19