It doesn’t matter whether you are using, Vodacom, Cell C or Telkom, porting to MTN has been made easy. You can do so to stay connected to friends and family and reap all the MTN benefits together. You get to keep the same number and just change your service provider.
The MTN family awaits to welcome you to enjoy low call rates, free data offer, SMSs and more. You can port to MTN and have your request processed on the same day.
When porting, your current SIM will lose all airtime and data as the change is being processed. After porting, you can port back again, as there’s a waiting period. If you are an MTN user and have just ported to another network, porting back requires at least 2 months (60 Days).
How to Port to MTN
Follow the following easy steps:
[ht_message mstyle=”success” title=”” show_icon=”” id=”” class=”” style=”” ]
- Purchase an MTN SIM Card (You can buy it at any retail stores, or MTN Stores)
- Make sure that you RICA your SIM Card, in order to do so, you will be required to hand over your Identity Documents or Smart ID Card as well as Proof of Residence, typically, that’s not older than 3 months.
- After you have successfully RICA’d your new MTN SIM Card, DO NOT INSERT IT TO YOUR PHONE AS YET.
- Use the old SIM (Could be Vodacom, Telkom Or Cell C SIM) and SMS ‘PORTME#( 10-digit MTN SIM number)’ – The 10-digit MTN SIM number is found on the SIM Pack, thus your SMS should look as such: ’PORTME#0000000000’ and Send the text to 083 767 8287
- Wait for the confirmation SMS, informing you of the request being processed.
- Now that you have received confirmation, wait a day before you can insert your new MTN SIM.
- Insert the card the following day and select ‘New Number’ to activate your new SIM if prompted.
For more information visit www.mtn.co.za