As you may know the second round of the COVID-19 SRD grant opened 6 August 2021 here are some things you will need to know:
- The first payment is expected to be made the last week of this month, from 24 August and onwards.
- SASSA doesn’t endorse websites and apps offering SASSA services like applications for the Covid-19 SRD grant. Be careful of potential scams. Don’t give out your details to strange links. Use official channels to apply.
- The https://srd.sassa.gov.za is zero-rated which means you are not charged data for using it when applying for the Covid-19 SRD grant.
- Currently you can’t change your details or reinstate canceled application until further notice. So if you typed wrong details by mistake such as bank account please wait for change of details to be open.
Some applicants may be experiencing issues when applying:
- If you get ‘Failed’ error message during SRD application use this link https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/application/auth especially for those who had applied before.
- 503/504 error. Please note the server is highly busy currently. You may try again later.
- Be patient for whatsapp error.
- If your application (SRD) is declined instantly after you have made the application use this link https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/reconsideration
If you received an sms of this nature:
SA ID: 9703…… Application ID: 000000. SASSA confirms successful update of banking details for This BANK. Your SRD R350 Grant application is now active.
It means everything is fine, you just have to wait for the verification and then after approval than you will get paid.
More articles related to R350 COVID-19 SRD grants: