SASSA SRD update: Most reviewed applications now have paydays and approved for May

Applications previously rejected who qualified for the R350 SRD grant – have had their applications reviewed as SASSA promised. On Thursday Morning, many applicants reported that they are happy with the new outcome of their applications and that they have been approved and finally have a payment date (payday) allocated for them.

So basically, every application is allocated a payday when your application has been filed. All previously rejected applications, only those who qualify for the grant are being filed and allocated payday dates.
The applicants will only be receiving their first payments in the month of July. Many are approved for May and now have their June status on pending. The reason for the pending status in June is because each and every account will be verified each month to check if the applicant still qualifies for the SRD grant.

It is imperative to keep checking your status on https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status. You will be required to enter your valid South Africa id number and the phone number used to submit the application, and when you press on submit, you may get a response similar to the images below.

SRD Application ScreenShot Number 2: Image: SASSA SRD

SRD Application ScreenShot Number 3: Image: SASSA SRD

Many other applications have been approved for May and June – and already expecting second payments. To avoid any further confusion and unnecessary queries, SASSA is working on making sure the previously rejected applications get their first R350 SRD grant.

When you get a ‘SASSA SRD GRANT provisional approval’ SMS from SASSA please do not share the link with anyone as it is created and linked to your ID.

Ensure that you provide the correct banking details linked to your ID number with any bank of your choice. If you do not have a bank account, please ensure you choose a ‘NO’ option when asked if you have a bank account and follow the instructions, you’ll only be asked to select the bank of your choice for cashless services.

Now despite this choice, SASSA may still refer you to the nearest Post Office for collection. You don’t have to go to the POST OFFICE until you get a confirmation SMS from SASSA. Remember that pending means your application is still being processed, you may still call the number 0800601011 for inquiries, but due to a high volume of calls, you may have to be a lot more patient.

Tip: If you have chosen cardless services, and get a payment date – you may visit the Post Office, however, this practice is only best when you have a Post Office confirmation SMS from SASSA.

SASSA stops issuing cards due to fraud

TikTok South Africa | The Video Sharing App

SASSA Grant Payments for the month of November 2020

Collen 10 July 2020 at 12:23 pm

This is the best explanation I had in months. Thank you for writing simple English.

Sharon 10 July 2020 at 12:13 pm

Mine it’s approved, but I have never received approved sms, and they pay day is 3

Thamie 10 July 2020 at 12:06 pm

Hi, just check my status saying fail want to know why, and who suppose to get this money, because I’m unemployed.

Fiona 10 July 2020 at 11:37 am

Good day.i applied for my sister in may and approved June.. we did careless option because she doesn’t have bank account…since then until today ..nothing……are they going to pay her from may,june and June??

Refilwe Mokautu 10 July 2020 at 11:37 am

Isaac more
I wanna know whn ll sassa fix off line system 4 bank details Cz u said we should try early morning bt no luck
Y whn sassa suppos to make payments de system it’s always off line ds is nonsense m still w8tn for June approval

BRADLEY RYAN COETZER 10 July 2020 at 11:33 am

Good Day
My sons application still says Pending.

Have not received and sms yet to get banking details. Also not sure if it is approved?

The number to call does not work. How can i follow up please

Asanda 10 July 2020 at 4:40 am

No link nothing

Isaac More 10 July 2020 at 10:43 am

Be a little more patient, however, upon approval, one is supposed to get the link, but with millions of applications to deal with, the system may face a few glitches here and there. The worst-case scenario is when the system assumes you already have received the link. Please contact SASSA directly on 0800601011 and have them look into your account,

Tshegofatso 10 July 2020 at 1:14 am

People who applied in May and their application was pending untill June and rejected the first week of June and approved in July are they going to get double payment for May June and July as well because they were wrongfully rejected by the system but applied in May and some people were told they were going to get double payment for May and June so does that also apply for the one who were wrongfully rejected too to get double payment?

Isaac More 10 July 2020 at 10:49 am

Hi Tshego, if you are approved for both June and May, you’ll get paid accordingly, even if it doesn’t come as double payment, you will still be paid for all the approved months.

Boitshoko Precious Phiri 9 July 2020 at 11:03 pm

Hi,I’m Boitshoko Precious Phiri ,I want to verify my Identity

Isaac More 10 July 2020 at 10:54 am

Boitshoko please contact SASSA on 0800601011 or email srd@sassa.gov.za will your certified copies of your ID, Residential address and a bank statement, explain the issue you are facing, and give ignore the auto-response from the email.

Moshebiimang Monika Phiri 9 July 2020 at 11:00 pm

I want to verify my identity, I’m Moshebiimang Monika Phiri, My application was declined,u said I should verify my identity. Thank you

Isaac More 10 July 2020 at 10:56 am

Please email your ID copy, proof of resident and banking details (statement) to srd@sassa.gov.za and ignore the automated reply.

Xolile Patrick Zepe 11 July 2020 at 2:19 am

I was declined in May stated that I have additional income of which and actually not the case. I went to the Dept of labour and they said that I do qualify and issued me a document stating that. I submitted to SASSA via email. Till to-date no reply. I really do not know what to do. When I check my status is pending. I tried to call sassa but never get through. I desperately need advice.

1 2 3 10