SASSA update: many wait for the link SMS, others fail to submit banking details

For the past few days, the SASSA system has been up and down – unemployed citizens of South Africa who qualify for the grant have been able to check their R350 SRD status – while may have been approved and still waiting for the SMS from SASSA providing the link to submit method of payment.

Many others have been failing to submit their banking details as the system returns the ‘fails’ message pop up. SASSA has reassured that those who qualify will get their full salary regardless of how long it may take.

What do we know so far?

• 13 million applications were received across different application channels.
  • Duplicate applications were identified and eliminated.
  • 6 578 762 single applications remained
  • To date 3 277 660 applications were rejected

‘Please note that SASSA has been experiencing high application volumes in the first couple of weeks. Many people also apply more than once or apply on all the channels. This delays the process as SASSA will only consider one application. Please be patient, they will revert back to you as soon as possible. Every applicant will be advised as to the outcome of their applications’

The best thing possible to know is to be a little more patient.  If your account is still pending, you will know the outcome of your application – everyone will – no matter how long it may take.

At the point it time, a lot of people may feel ignored, however, dealing with millions of applications and queries is definitely daunting and patience is required. SASSA updates once in a while, but will hear from it soon.

‘Verification process takes time. Please bear with us, we apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused.’

Dread 25 June 2020 at 11:45 am

Hi there. My application was approved but I did not receive the SMS requesting my bank details

Isaac More 25 June 2020 at 2:05 pm

Please a little more patience, if you don’t get the link in 7 days, you can call SASSA directly to enquire.

Kamogelo 25 June 2020 at 7:51 am

Hi i got the message i should provide my banking details but it doesn’t agree to send the banking details what do i do now

Elizabeth 25 June 2020 at 12:59 am

Hi Isaac, I applied for my mom using my phone, so they sent her an sms saying her application has been approved and she must go collect her funds at the post office. Is there a way we can change so she can receive the funds on her bank account as she has currently done a back operation and cant stand not to mention in long lines. And she has to go herself cos she has to sign.

Isaac More 26 June 2020 at 2:34 pm

Please call Sassa on 0800 60 10 11

Elizabeth 29 June 2020 at 1:41 am

God bless

SIYABONGA 24 June 2020 at 8:32 pm

I did apply they said my details do not match can you please help how can I fix that details

Ralejalla motlatsi 24 June 2020 at 7:22 pm

I received the sms link say I must upload my bank account three weeks ago and when I do it is failing, download what can I do it?

Fatima 24 June 2020 at 5:57 pm

Hi , my sassa grant application was approved and I only received a sassa OTP code and haven’t been asked for banking details

I’m not sure what to do

Tshepo Fillies 24 June 2020 at 2:35 pm

I would like to be send again the link to choose the sourcr to receive the money

Francinah 23 June 2020 at 9:55 pm

Hi my uncle lost his SMS with the link to upload Banking details, what can he do

Francinah 23 June 2020 at 9:50 pm

Hi I’m asking on behalf of my uncle , he lot the sms with the link to upload banking details, what can he do

Sinakho 23 June 2020 at 4:11 pm

Hi Isaac my Grant has been approved even my banking details but I haven’t received the money

Isaac More 23 June 2020 at 8:58 pm

Hi Sinakho, please be a little more patient… I know this can be very frustrating…

Dimakatso 24 June 2020 at 12:56 am

Can u pls resend my banking link I accidentally deleted it pls my numbers are 07*****143