SASSA update: many wait for the link SMS, others fail to submit banking details

For the past few days, the SASSA system has been up and down – unemployed citizens of South Africa who qualify for the grant have been able to check their R350 SRD status – while may have been approved and still waiting for the SMS from SASSA providing the link to submit method of payment.

Many others have been failing to submit their banking details as the system returns the ‘fails’ message pop up. SASSA has reassured that those who qualify will get their full salary regardless of how long it may take.

What do we know so far?

• 13 million applications were received across different application channels.
  • Duplicate applications were identified and eliminated.
  • 6 578 762 single applications remained
  • To date 3 277 660 applications were rejected

‘Please note that SASSA has been experiencing high application volumes in the first couple of weeks. Many people also apply more than once or apply on all the channels. This delays the process as SASSA will only consider one application. Please be patient, they will revert back to you as soon as possible. Every applicant will be advised as to the outcome of their applications’

The best thing possible to know is to be a little more patient.  If your account is still pending, you will know the outcome of your application – everyone will – no matter how long it may take.

At the point it time, a lot of people may feel ignored, however, dealing with millions of applications and queries is definitely daunting and patience is required. SASSA updates once in a while, but will hear from it soon.

‘Verification process takes time. Please bear with us, we apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused.’

Lerato 29 June 2020 at 4:22 pm

I did a mistake with my bank details can I because get a link to change that mistake

Lerato 29 June 2020 at 4:18 pm

I did a mistake on my bank details what to do

Vuyiswa 29 June 2020 at 2:01 pm

Hi, Please assist the link that was sent via sms for us to to provide with the bank details is not working because for the past three weeks I have been trying to submit my banking detail but it fails to I don’t know how to go about this as I have

Previous Dliwayo 29 June 2020 at 9:28 am

I was approved but when I try to send my banking details it keeps canceling ,please help

Thembelani 29 June 2020 at 4:31 am

How to update my information because they keep on saying I must update my info.

Precious 27 June 2020 at 8:30 am

Did Sassa srd grant paid to any one who has send Nedbank account details?

Esethu 26 June 2020 at 7:42 pm

Hi i have been trying to submit my bank details as i got approval massage n asked to send bank detail bt it keep on failing i dnt knw what is wrong can u help

Apiwe 26 June 2020 at 2:25 pm

Isaac plzzz can you answer us we’ve been asking about the link that keep on showing fail message when we are crying to send bank details and also that 0800….does nto go true where can we get help den please guys assist us

Isaac More 26 June 2020 at 2:28 pm

Apiwe please respond with the link, I won’t publish it, but will look into it

Apiwe 29 June 2020 at 5:28 pm

I received message that says my application has been approved, then they give me the link on the 8 of June I’ve been trying to send my bank details, I fill in all the information on the link then when I submit it says failed, so am asking what should I do now

Tshepiso Ngobeni 25 June 2020 at 8:12 pm

My application is been approved and said paid on 20 June but I haven’t received any sms or link saying I must fill my bank details

candice 25 June 2020 at 3:41 pm

I received a sms stating
“Joel. App I’d 705073. SA I’d 870708..89. Sassa covid 19. Srd grant:
Your details do not match ID ”

Help how do I correctify my details plz. Candice 07*..81571