SASSA update: many wait for the link SMS, others fail to submit banking details

For the past few days, the SASSA system has been up and down – unemployed citizens of South Africa who qualify for the grant have been able to check their R350 SRD status – while may have been approved and still waiting for the SMS from SASSA providing the link to submit method of payment.

Many others have been failing to submit their banking details as the system returns the ‘fails’ message pop up. SASSA has reassured that those who qualify will get their full salary regardless of how long it may take.

What do we know so far?

• 13 million applications were received across different application channels.
  • Duplicate applications were identified and eliminated.
  • 6 578 762 single applications remained
  • To date 3 277 660 applications were rejected

‘Please note that SASSA has been experiencing high application volumes in the first couple of weeks. Many people also apply more than once or apply on all the channels. This delays the process as SASSA will only consider one application. Please be patient, they will revert back to you as soon as possible. Every applicant will be advised as to the outcome of their applications’

The best thing possible to know is to be a little more patient.  If your account is still pending, you will know the outcome of your application – everyone will – no matter how long it may take.

At the point it time, a lot of people may feel ignored, however, dealing with millions of applications and queries is definitely daunting and patience is required. SASSA updates once in a while, but will hear from it soon.

‘Verification process takes time. Please bear with us, we apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused.’

Mshoza, Queen of Kwaito dies 37

SASSA SRD R350 Update: November is now pending soon to be approved

This is why Friday the 13th is considered unlucky

Megan Naidoo 13 July 2020 at 10:30 am

Hi
May application approved. No link received to send bank details. June pending.
When will I receive my link to forward bank details?

Gloria 13 July 2020 at 9:40 am

Good day my father application it was approved however the banking details we entered the account was closed so we had to re-open a new account how do we update it Thanks.

Matola selby 11 July 2020 at 9:06 pm

I recieved an sms that I have been approved with a link to send my banking details but I lost it please send it again

Ayanda 11 July 2020 at 6:42 pm

Please send the message again because I lost my phone and I just did a sim swap Friday

Pule 11 July 2020 at 5:07 pm

I was approved on 3rd of july and I’m still waiting for sms link for submiting bank details

DIRI ABDI IBRAHIM 10 July 2020 at 10:21 pm

I have been approved for May I didn’t get the Sms now it’s saying pending for June call center number dose not work the email it’s Automated know answers where do I get help

Ernest 10 July 2020 at 11:16 am

I have been approved for may but i did get an sms

Nhlanhla 14 July 2020 at 6:21 pm

Me 2

Caroline 10 July 2020 at 10:52 am

I have received a link of approval around June, I’ve been trying to submit my banking details it failed. Please help

Caroline 10 July 2020 at 10:20 am

I have revived a link of approval around June, I’ve been trying to submit my banking details it failed. Please help

Caroline 10 July 2020 at 10:23 am

Received

Isaac More 10 July 2020 at 10:27 am

Good Day Caroline, I have contacted SASSA regarding this problem and I haven’t received a reply yet. I am sure the spokesperson will get to the bottom of this ASAP!

Rothi 10 July 2020 at 12:42 am

On the status link it says approved and paid but still havent gotten an sms from my bank notifying me with money in…

Isaac More 10 July 2020 at 10:52 am

You will get paid Rothi, it can take up to 7 days.

Amos 13 July 2020 at 8:43 pm

how do i send my bank details,because when i check my status it says approved ?

1 14 15 16 17 18