SASSA update: many wait for the link SMS, others fail to submit banking details

For the past few days, the SASSA system has been up and down – unemployed citizens of South Africa who qualify for the grant have been able to check their R350 SRD status – while may have been approved and still waiting for the SMS from SASSA providing the link to submit method of payment.

Many others have been failing to submit their banking details as the system returns the ‘fails’ message pop up. SASSA has reassured that those who qualify will get their full salary regardless of how long it may take.

What do we know so far?

• 13 million applications were received across different application channels.
  • Duplicate applications were identified and eliminated.
  • 6 578 762 single applications remained
  • To date 3 277 660 applications were rejected

‘Please note that SASSA has been experiencing high application volumes in the first couple of weeks. Many people also apply more than once or apply on all the channels. This delays the process as SASSA will only consider one application. Please be patient, they will revert back to you as soon as possible. Every applicant will be advised as to the outcome of their applications’

The best thing possible to know is to be a little more patient.  If your account is still pending, you will know the outcome of your application – everyone will – no matter how long it may take.

At the point it time, a lot of people may feel ignored, however, dealing with millions of applications and queries is definitely daunting and patience is required. SASSA updates once in a while, but will hear from it soon.

‘Verification process takes time. Please bear with us, we apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused.’

SASSA SRD R350 Update: November is now approved, check your status.

Mshoza, Queen of Kwaito dies 37

SASSA SRD R350 Update: November is now pending soon to be approved

Luzuko 22 July 2020 at 7:20 pm

I got sms from Sassa said that my details does not match

siphilile 22 July 2020 at 4:17 pm

please update my request for sassa covid grant

Mcebisi 20 July 2020 at 11:46 pm

I have received an sms directing me to collect my R350 from the post office; the problem is that I can’t find my ID and I’ve done an affidavit for that. Will I get my grant with the affidavit?

Lindokuhle Biyela 20 July 2020 at 8:34 pm

Mine is funny cause i was approved in may and after trying for days to get hold of sassa and waiting for hours for them to answer the phone, Finally a lady did answer the phone and she was so rude I asked about the sms and she said so what can she do for me and I told her that I didn’t receive the sms she was like so what do you want me to do sir? I was like i need to know what can i do to get it. She said i will have to wait for it as it send automatically and without even giving me a chance to explain more she hanged up the phone. I was like woow

SHERAZAAN STEMMET 17 July 2020 at 5:50 pm

HI I AM SHERAZAAN
I DID THE APPLICATION FOR A FEW PEOPLE IN MY AREA,AND ONLY 1 PERSON RECEIVED HIS MONEY
SO WITH MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT THE PEOPLE WITH APPL ID THAT IS WAITING ON SMS`S,SO WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THEY ONLY RECEIVED THEIR SMS`S IN THE 5TH MONTH WILL THEY GET THEIR FULL MONEY OR JUST 1 MONTH,WHICH I THINK ITS NOT FAIR,CZ ITS NOT THE PEOPLE`S FAULT THAT THEY ARE STILL WAITING
PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING AND CANT COPE,PLEASE WE NEED ANSWERS

Teboho 17 July 2020 at 3:22 pm

Approved but no sms

Assert 15 July 2020 at 8:42 pm

Hello

My application was approved and a link was sent to me to upload the banking details but it keeps on popping “fail” till now,so what must I do going forward????

Livhuwani 13 July 2020 at 12:58 pm

My application has been approved but I have not received a link/ sms yet it’s been more than 7 days now.

Livhuwani 13 July 2020 at 12:56 pm

I have been approved but have not received a link, it’s been more than 7 days. I try to call then but they don’t answer

Lelethu Khashe 13 July 2020 at 11:00 am

Greetings. I applied for the SASSA SRD in May and was approved and requested to upload my banking details in June. However, i uploaded banking details of a dormant account which has not been working. How can i update my SASSA SRD banking details with new and correct ones?

Pollen 22 July 2020 at 9:25 pm

I didn’t receive my 350 at bank account, I’ve received it on post office while banking details are updated , problem is the post offices on my area are slow and I’m traveling Avery day because I found lot of people at post office at morning and go home without money,so can I resend banking details to sassa

1 15 16 17 18