SASSA update: ‘pending’ and ‘unpaid’ applicants

Things are easing up as a heavy burden has been offloaded, as we see a lot of applications getting approved and paid. There is also a high number of applications that are still pending, and some have been approved and yet unpaid. The R350 Social Grant Relief has caused such a stir when SASSA systems went offline last week.

The system was back online from Sunday and continues to approve and pay those who have successfully applied for the R350 Social Grant for the unemployed. A whole lot of people have been applying more than 2 to 4 times, and some unnecessarily reapplied soon as they see other people getting feedback on their application.

SASSA is currently busy making payments and approving applications. Having said that, with a little more patience, SASSA will reply and communicate the outcome of each application.

It’s clear that most people’s applications are still pending, whereas some have been fully approved and yet not paid a single cent despite having applied earlier in time.

If you don’t have a bank account and have just been approved, you should select the ‘No’ option when asked if you have a bank account, under the link from which you should verify your banking details, and you can select a bank of your choice for cardless services.

The Regional Contact Numbers for Social Relief of Distress (SRD) Applications. CALL SASSA National Call Center: 0800 60 10 11 or email: grantenquiries@sassa.gov.za.

Your comments are duly noted

Thokozile simelane 9 June 2020 at 9:25 am

I apply with someone’s phone and don’t know what to do since I’m still pending and the person I used her phone she is approved but she never receive money so what to do to change numbers

Sam 9 June 2020 at 9:22 am

I applied in April and the very same day The new whatsaAp number went live still no response
And the 08006001011 is to useless in tried for 2 days from 7:30 nommer just busy wonder if there is even a call centre
I even tried the Pretoria numberd still no answer…

Kenneth 9 June 2020 at 9:10 am

Ive applied for my two brothers I haven’t got feed back yet

Buyie 9 June 2020 at 8:14 am

I got sms of being approved also got sms of sending my bank details I did all of that on 29th of May yet um not paid. When will I be paid everything is successful?

Nkhensani Baloyi 9 June 2020 at 8:14 am

I have approved and confirm my banking details on 23 May 2020 and I’m still waiting for 350 to be paid until today

Anelisiwe Mnukwa 9 June 2020 at 5:06 am

I don’t understanding what these are talking about, how will I know that my application is not approved. Please guys don’t play with our feelings, we need this money

Ntombikayise 9 June 2020 at 4:19 am

Hi,I have apllied since 12 May…am still getting a message that says”pending” please advice me

Lisa 8 June 2020 at 6:50 pm

I applied online for the R350 grant. I got the message that I’ve been provisionally approved and supply banking details. I don’t have a bank account so I said no and put which bank for the ATM payout. I hadn’t heard anything since then and today found out that you can check your status online. It turns out I have been approved but I haven’t gotten any SMS confirming or tell me what to do next. Am I supposed to still get another SMS to officially confirm and tell me that I can collect my money from the ATM? I’m not sure what is supposed to be happening now.

Isaac More 8 June 2020 at 7:06 pm

Hi Lisa, YES! indeed you have to wait for the confirmation of payments from SASSA to be able to do all the cardless transactions

Nokwanda 8 June 2020 at 1:15 pm

What to do when your status says you have been approved but hasn’t received a link message on your whatsapp?. Please help

Isaac More 8 June 2020 at 1:29 pm

Be very patient, Noks

Oageng Rainnette Mosolodi 8 June 2020 at 11:55 am

The majority of us who where approved on the 24th of may are still not payed nd people who wer approved after us are getting paid . ..pls check if the is anything wrong with our approval day….Thnk u

1 2 3 23