SASSA update: ‘pending’ and ‘unpaid’ applicants

Things are easing up as a heavy burden has been offloaded, as we see a lot of applications getting approved and paid. There is also a high number of applications that are still pending, and some have been approved and yet unpaid. The R350 Social Grant Relief has caused such a stir when SASSA systems went offline last week.

The system was back online from Sunday and continues to approve and pay those who have successfully applied for the R350 Social Grant for the unemployed. A whole lot of people have been applying more than 2 to 4 times, and some unnecessarily reapplied soon as they see other people getting feedback on their application.

SASSA is currently busy making payments and approving applications. Having said that, with a little more patience, SASSA will reply and communicate the outcome of each application.

It’s clear that most people’s applications are still pending, whereas some have been fully approved and yet not paid a single cent despite having applied earlier in time.

If you don’t have a bank account and have just been approved, you should select the ‘No’ option when asked if you have a bank account, under the link from which you should verify your banking details, and you can select a bank of your choice for cardless services.

The Regional Contact Numbers for Social Relief of Distress (SRD) Applications. CALL SASSA National Call Center: 0800 60 10 11 or email: grantenquiries@sassa.gov.za.

Your comments are duly noted

Mbulelo 28 June 2020 at 4:01 pm

I only received the SMS Application I’d sassa confirm successful update of banking details

Mbulelo 28 June 2020 at 3:58 pm

I applied and my application was approved I filled the banking details still waiting for the eWallet SMS please advise

Jabu 27 June 2020 at 10:58 pm

My application was approved last month but even now can’t got paid I’ll done everything and send bank deails

Xoliswa Mzuzu 29 June 2020 at 2:37 pm

I didn’t receive any sms of bank details but I was approved what can I do

Ntombekhaya Mpinda 27 June 2020 at 10:49 pm

I applied for srd grant at the end of April but still now my status says pending I am unemployed

Ntombekhaya Mpnda 27 June 2020 at 10:48 pm

Mogomotsi 27 June 2020 at 2:45 pm

I’ve applied on may but my status still pending…i even lost my phone number that I used to apply…

I applied again with new phone number but still pending….

Sassa please pay us our money

Sengiphiwe Glenrose Langa 26 June 2020 at 8:18 pm

I applied May but still pending

Sue Ann 26 June 2020 at 7:26 pm

I have applied early May but still no response from sassa.status is still pending its almost July .sassa must really give us detailed feedback I mean how is it possible a person who have applied 2to 3 weeks after you received feedback regarding the outcome of their application . The call centre number is not working nor did they repond to your emails.

Gomolemo 26 June 2020 at 2:35 pm

I applied early in May and I’m still pending. Some people have applied weeks after I did and they have been approved.

Poncho 26 June 2020 at 12:58 pm

My name is Poncho Samuel Lekhelebane I just want to know what make my application decline.

Keitu 27 June 2020 at 9:46 pm

Hi
Im still unemployed and applied for grant on May and it has declined i wasnt given a reason,please confirm.