SASSA update: ‘pending’ and ‘unpaid’ applicants

Things are easing up as a heavy burden has been offloaded, as we see a lot of applications getting approved and paid. There is also a high number of applications that are still pending, and some have been approved and yet unpaid. The R350 Social Grant Relief has caused such a stir when SASSA systems went offline last week.

The system was back online from Sunday and continues to approve and pay those who have successfully applied for the R350 Social Grant for the unemployed. A whole lot of people have been applying more than 2 to 4 times, and some unnecessarily reapplied soon as they see other people getting feedback on their application.

SASSA is currently busy making payments and approving applications. Having said that, with a little more patience, SASSA will reply and communicate the outcome of each application.

It’s clear that most people’s applications are still pending, whereas some have been fully approved and yet not paid a single cent despite having applied earlier in time.

If you don’t have a bank account and have just been approved, you should select the ‘No’ option when asked if you have a bank account, under the link from which you should verify your banking details, and you can select a bank of your choice for cardless services.

The Regional Contact Numbers for Social Relief of Distress (SRD) Applications. CALL SASSA National Call Center: 0800 60 10 11 or email: grantenquiries@sassa.gov.za.

Your comments are duly noted

NKGAU FRANS 30 June 2020 at 1:49 pm

I’ve just received an sms saying my applications was been declined why….?

Rochelle 30 June 2020 at 12:33 pm

Hi I have been declined due to id nu an surname not matching pls assist

Isaac 29 June 2020 at 11:32 pm

Still approved but received nothing

Isaac 29 June 2020 at 11:16 pm

I have been approced but didn’t get sms for banking details

Godfrey 29 June 2020 at 7:05 pm

1.Should I give the third person my sassa ID, who works at sassa/its voluntaries to check the what abouts of my unpaid R350×2 grand relief since I’ve been on pending status since May? 2.What do you say of such pendings after you lonched a new monthly application systems–isn’t that going to ruin my May application if I reapply now whilst never been paid?

Godfrey 29 June 2020 at 6:54 pm

As stated above I am unemployed South African youth, applied unemployed grand relief in May–got sassa application ID with pending status.

On my quiries to you , you keep re-sending me grand application link which may ruin my May application if I reapply now I think. May you advice and assist.

I need that promised grand relief to be paid.Your landline is problematic to get hold of you!

Takati Anelisiwe 29 June 2020 at 10:57 am

Hi my name is Anelisiwe Takati, I’ve applied for grant and I’m unemployed, they replied to me and said that my application was declined but they didn’t tell me the reason

Heide-Marie Roos 29 June 2020 at 10:36 am

I have applied early June and my application still says Pending?

Heide-Marie Roos 29 June 2020 at 10:32 am

I applied early June and my application still says PENDING.

Errol Charl ross 29 June 2020 at 7:31 am