SASSA update: ‘pending’ and ‘unpaid’ applicants

Things are easing up as a heavy burden has been offloaded, as we see a lot of applications getting approved and paid. There is also a high number of applications that are still pending, and some have been approved and yet unpaid. The R350 Social Grant Relief has caused such a stir when SASSA systems went offline last week.

The system was back online from Sunday and continues to approve and pay those who have successfully applied for the R350 Social Grant for the unemployed. A whole lot of people have been applying more than 2 to 4 times, and some unnecessarily reapplied soon as they see other people getting feedback on their application.

SASSA is currently busy making payments and approving applications. Having said that, with a little more patience, SASSA will reply and communicate the outcome of each application.

It’s clear that most people’s applications are still pending, whereas some have been fully approved and yet not paid a single cent despite having applied earlier in time.

If you don’t have a bank account and have just been approved, you should select the ‘No’ option when asked if you have a bank account, under the link from which you should verify your banking details, and you can select a bank of your choice for cardless services.

The Regional Contact Numbers for Social Relief of Distress (SRD) Applications. CALL SASSA National Call Center: 0800 60 10 11 or email: grantenquiries@sassa.gov.za.

Your comments are duly noted

Lockdown: South Africa moves to Level 1

Junior Mohutsiwa

Cassper Nyovest welcomes a baby boy with Thobeka

Not a good month for iBusiness, but we are back online

Pamela 24 July 2020 at 8:34 am

Since I applied may but is still pending

Theodore Herrendorfer 23 July 2020 at 10:50 pm

Hello my application was approved in may.then I lost my phone. I have a new number and I did apply again now it’s a pending process . please help me find a way to work around this daunting situation I’m in. help me please

Melanie Johnson 23 July 2020 at 8:29 pm

I was declined in May and June is pending but it has been this way for some time… I am still waiting… really when do you plan on fixing this

Patricia Butshu 23 July 2020 at 7:55 am

I applied on May and i got approved on June since then I did not get paid until now,what’s wrong?

Ntombenhle Nyawo 21 July 2020 at 7:31 am

Pay day it says 16 may 2020 but i didn’t get money at the post office they said i will get June payment only i don’t know what can i do? Because i didn’t get SMS

Marise Beck 20 July 2020 at 5:45 am

I was approved in May 2020. I received first payment in June 2020 and now it says pending. Today i was supposed to receive payment, and have not… Would love to know what is really going on.

Isaac More 20 July 2020 at 7:08 pm

A lot is happening Marise, a whole lot. Currently, all applications are attended to, to ensure everyone gets the outcome that’s well deserved.

Zintle Mzamo 25 July 2020 at 5:31 pm

I received my first money on the 19th of June for May payment ,but now i checked my status for June ig says its pending and i don’t know how i got my first payment and my Application was approved.

Sandile 18 July 2020 at 11:43 pm

May Approved pay day it’s says 16-07-2020 June also Approved but i haven’t receive sms that says i must go and collect money

cathrine 17 July 2020 at 10:24 pm

Since I apply on June but still saying pending. Am confused may I apply again

Ruben Naidoo 17 July 2020 at 6:11 pm

Hi i applied for the grand during the second week of May and was approved. I got my R350 for May but last month I received nothing. I checked my status and it says pending. What is going on. Why hasn’t the money being paid yet. The least that you’ll could have done was send a message saying we won’t get the money.

Betty 17 July 2020 at 5:15 pm

My son was paid in June now it says pending sassa please explain approved and paid whats going on now this is frustrating