SASSA update: ‘pending’ and ‘unpaid’ applicants

Things are easing up as a heavy burden has been offloaded, as we see a lot of applications getting approved and paid. There is also a high number of applications that are still pending, and some have been approved and yet unpaid. The R350 Social Grant Relief has caused such a stir when SASSA systems went offline last week.

The system was back online from Sunday and continues to approve and pay those who have successfully applied for the R350 Social Grant for the unemployed. A whole lot of people have been applying more than 2 to 4 times, and some unnecessarily reapplied soon as they see other people getting feedback on their application.

SASSA is currently busy making payments and approving applications. Having said that, with a little more patience, SASSA will reply and communicate the outcome of each application.

It’s clear that most people’s applications are still pending, whereas some have been fully approved and yet not paid a single cent despite having applied earlier in time.

If you don’t have a bank account and have just been approved, you should select the ‘No’ option when asked if you have a bank account, under the link from which you should verify your banking details, and you can select a bank of your choice for cardless services.

The Regional Contact Numbers for Social Relief of Distress (SRD) Applications. CALL SASSA National Call Center: 0800 60 10 11 or email: grantenquiries@sassa.gov.za.

Your comments are duly noted

Lockdown: South Africa moves to Level 1

Junior Mohutsiwa

Cassper Nyovest welcomes a baby boy with Thobeka

Not a good month for iBusiness, but we are back online

Dion Mohlala 30 July 2020 at 4:27 pm

My application says approved but still haven’t received any message talking about bank details and is now 2 months full

Wanda 30 July 2020 at 1:08 pm

I applied for sassa relief grant and I lost my phone that I used when I was applying can I get help please wanna change the number,

Wesi George Maruping 29 July 2020 at 6:50 pm

You know I don’t know how you guys are operating you paid me only one month now you are just quiet. One another thing is I sent my banking details several times but you paid the first payment via post office why you asked for our banking details then the next thing we are all go to the long queues at the post office. I just wonder why are taking so long to pay the approved applications accordingly you are just play with us

Noxolo 29 July 2020 at 1:38 pm

My may application was declined and june it showed pending why?

francina pieters 28 July 2020 at 4:49 pm

good day i dont understand how sassa operate i was approved in may and june but i only recieved R350 today 28 july. how does other people get R700 or R1050 how is the system work

ZANDILE 27 July 2020 at 2:32 pm

I HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR BOTH MAY AND JUNE BUT HAVE SINCE RECIEVED NOTHING. I FORWARDED MY BANKING DETAILS BUT MY BANK ACCOUNT IS IN MY ORIGINAL SURNAME WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE IN MY I.D WHICH IS MY MARITAL SURNAME. CAN THIS CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS.

Mabuyi 27 July 2020 at 8:45 am

Since I was apply there’s no feedback,when I try to call the number you gave us it always busy.How do I know my status?

Tsoene 25 July 2020 at 1:07 pm

I submitted my bank details but not yet paid to date. Status says approved for May and June.
Nothing in the bank

Erika 24 July 2020 at 3:11 pm

My May application was declined then for June it showed pending, nothing since, why?

Ntombozuko 24 July 2020 at 2:11 pm

I applied still saying pending

1 24 25 26 27 28