It is unfortunate that most applicants, despite being approved have not received a single cent since the beginning of SRD grants in South Africa. iBusiness has taken initiative to help those still having issues with the SASSA R350 SRD grant.
Here are the issues that iBusiness would like to advise you on:
- Unpaid applicants
- Lost numbers
- Incorrect details (Name and Surname)
- Change of Payment Method
- Any other issues including (IRP5 Registered etc.)
- Checking status (Including on Moya App)
- Rejected and Approved applicants without paydays and have not been filed.
As this is a special edition, we want you to comment in the comments section below and please stay online so the iBusiness blogger (Isaac More), can assist and advise you on what steps to take, and thus it is imperative that you remain online and/or keep checking for replies, no comment will go unnoticed.
- The Covid-19 R350 SASSA Grant extended to January 2021
- SASSA SRD R350 Update for November and December (Paydays explained)
- SASSA stops issuing cards due to fraud
- SASSA Grant Payments for the month of November 2020
- SASSA R350 social relief: How to appeal when you have been declined
- SASSA R350 appeal contacts announced
- Here’s what you can do when changing the SASSA payment method for the R350 grant
We are waiting to assist you in every way possible. this will also help others see that they are not the only way and also help identify some of the other issues arising. (This is a special dedicated article until January of 2021)
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19