The correct kind of banking is the kind where you can be able to manage your funds and still save while meeting your obligations with the lowest banking charges. Standard Bank has yet another account called Access Account and has the lowest monthly fee across all accounts with monthly fees. Opening this account doesn’t require a monthly income, all you need is necessary documents and you are good to go.
Have you thought of having the most basic account for your daily transactions with Standard Bank? Well, if you have no income, I recommend Access Account with Standard Bank. Get this account ready for transactions in just minutes at your nearest Standard Bank branch.
You will be able to do the following:
- Purchase prepaid airtime, electricity and/or data directly from your phone or by using Standard Bank online banking – or you get to do all this at your nearest Standard Bank ATM
- You will be able to do ‘Cash-Backs’ at point of sale – (Making withdrawals at tills)
- Make use of ‘Instant Money’ to send or receive money on your phone, ATM or retailers
- Your card can be linked to Standard Bank online banking, cellphone banking, mobile app banking as well as telephone banking
Banking is consistently made easier as our technologies improve, and with all the innovative ideas brought forward by people in the banking sector – you can now make easy online payments (shopping) with a debit card by downloading the Masterpass app on your phone.
Access Account by Standard Bank offers free swipes whenever you pay for your goods at till points, and if you have a number of different accounts linked together, you can make transfers between your accounts at no extra cost.
Access Account offers free stop orders as well as debit orders with Standard Bank. When accessing your accounts online, you will be able to get free balance inquiries.
Know the ins and outs of your account transactions with MyUpdates. Standard Bank cares for your education, thus when subscribing to Siyavula, you get a 50% discount for your Mathematics and Science online tutors.
- Earn points with UCount Rewards programme by Standard Bank
- Receive a free 250MB or R25 airtime every month (see Standard Bank Mobile)
- Your card will have a secure Chip and PIN (Personal Identification Number) – Do not share your pin with anyone
- You get MasterCard and Via benefits
- You get access to link your card to SnapScan or Masterpass for online shopping secure payments.
- If you lost your card, it will be replaced for free (This is an automated card loss protection)
- Control your Card functionality using the Standard Bank Mobile Banking App.
- Full access to load funds for contactless transactions securely using the wallet facility
Access Account Fees
- For one to open an Access Account needs to understand the fees involved – The access Account has a monthly fee of R5.60.
- The account requires an opening deposit of R50.00
- The account must have a minimum balance of R20
- R65 a month will be charged for bundled services and benefits (Once you’ve used your bundled services in a month, you’ll pay as you transact)
Access Account Requirement
To open an account, visit any nearest Standard Bank branch with the following documents:
- South African Identity Document or a Smart Card ID or Passport for non-SA citizens
- You must be over the age of 16 years
- Proof of Residence not older than 3 months.
For more information visit the Standard Bank Access Account Page, you can call 0860 123 000, or visit your nearest branch. Standard Bank is a licensed financial services provider and a registered credit provider (NCRCP15)
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19