If I must admit, growing up, I too have had a Student Achiever Account offered by Standard Bank. This account is made for anyone between the ages of 16 and 24. There is no monthly income required to qualify for the account as long as you are within the required age.
This is a perfect account if you want unlimited benefits including retail discounts as well as managing your funds using mobile app banking, cellphone banking, and online banking and if you may, telephone banking.
You get cashback when you make purchases with your card at retailers. Should you apply for a student loan with Standard Bank, you get preferable great interest rates.
- Get varsity exclusive deals for students
- Get 50% discount on Siyavula subscription for your Maths and Science online tutors
- SnapScan or Masterpass apps can be utilized to make payments with your phone (You have to link your card)
- Free Card swipes at retailers
- You get 10 free electronic transactions each month as well as 2 free cash deposits at any Standard Bank ATM.
- Withdraw a maximum amount of R1350 at any Standard Bank ATMs
- View your balances for free on your phone
- You will get 50% off on your TravelWallet card activation
- Know what’s going on with your account by activating MyUpdates and track all your banking transactions
- Free 250MB or R25 airtime every month (See Standard Bank Mobile)
Take care of your card; however, when it’s lost, you are automatically protected. Get access to MasterCard or Visa benefits, protect your own PIN – you can utilize your card anywhere. You have full access to your card functionality using the Standard Bank Mobile Banking App.
Get a secure facility and load funds for contactless transactions because Standard Bank cares for your safety.
Student Achiever account fees
Student Achiever Account has the lowest banking fee to best-fit Students’ needs.
- You will be charged R9.99 per month
- 00 will be charged when you use your bundled transactions in a month and pay as you transact.
How to Apply
To apply for a Standard Bank Student Achiever Account you will need to pass the following requirement and have the following documents:
- Your Valid South African Identity Document or a Smart Card ID, if you are not a South African Citizen, you are required to produce a residence permit
- Proof of Registration (at a Registered and recognized institution)
- Proof of Residence that’s not older than 3 months
- A part-time student must be earning less than R3000 a month (Be aged 16 to 24 to qualify for the account)
For more information visit the Standard Bank Student Achiever Account Page, you can call 0860 123 000, or visit your nearest branch. Standard Bank is a licensed financial services provider and a registered credit provider (NCRCP15)
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19