The SSL offers an encrypted connection between the browser/user and the server or website. This ensures the information transmitted through the internet between the user and server is secured. This means the only important aspect protected by SSL is information sent to and/or received from.
It is important to have SSL on your website as it will also improve your search engine ranking, be it on Google, Bing or Yahoo – Google wants all websites to have SSL, and so the internet can be secured and or the information transmitted through the internet can be secured.
With SSL main features are:
I can’t stress it enough – I know sometimes SSLs can be very steep financially but there are affordable SSLs, Even if you can’t afford it now, make the means of growing your presence online and buy one from any hosting company.
It also proves that the site is what it claims to be, however, there are millions of great, real and reliable sites without SSL, even so – SSL is the way to go, whether you are a blogger or running a business. SSL is suitable for all kinds of websites.
Before a Standard (DV) SSL Certificate is issued, here are the important aspects that have to be verified:
- Ensure the business owner owns the website domain name (This proves domain ownership)
There are a number of different hosting companies around the world, including in South Africa, these companies are designed to cater to you not only the hosting solutions but also the internet solutions as a whole.
10 Hosting Companies offering Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
1. GoDaddy Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
2. Domains.co.za Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
3. 1-Grid Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
4. SmartWeb Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
5. HostKing Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
6. EliteHost Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
7. HostAfrica Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
8. AfriHost Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
9. HostGator Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
10. BlueHost Standard (DV) SSL Certificate
I have said this many times, there are millions of website the world without SSL, and especially bloggers who only started off. The SSLs can be very expensive, and sometimes we are forced to purchase an SSL from the same company you are hosting your website with. GoDaddy WordPress Hosting doesn’t allow external SSL installed in their servers. You are forced to purchase it from them unless you have a different hosting plan with cPanel, you can do it all yourself.
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19