The fuel price hike is one of the main reasons we see an increase in taxi fare across the nation. Ventersdorp is no exception and will be increasing the taxi fare from 1 June 2021.
The Ventersdorp rank manager, G. Jingela released a statement explaining in detail the to-and-fro fare increment.
- Appeldraai to Ventersdorp: R25
- Goedgevonden to Ventersdorp: R25
- Boikhutsong to Ventersdorp: R20
- Boikhutso to Ventersdorp: R18
- Tsetse to Ventersdorp: R25
- Mafole to Ventersdorp: R25
- Ga-Mogopa to Ventersdorp: R30
- Ga-Motlatla to Ventersdorp: R45
- Tshing to Ventersdorp: R15, the fare includes the following locations ( Ext. 8,9,10,11,2,3, Lossie and Makwete)
The National Taxi Counsil, Thabiso Moleleka said, “Our view is that the current increase in petrol prices has opened the possibility of a fare increase that cannot be avoided. The industry is still reeling from the impact of Covid-19 on its operations”
The residents of the aforementioned areas are not happy with the changes, however, there isn’t much that can be done.