One of the options other than Shared Hosting and Dedicated Hosting is VPS hosting. With VPS, you get dedicated resources. In this regard, your website will be faster and you will have more processing power. Websites get traffic differently, some webs get seasonal traffic, some get constant traffic, etc. VPS is best if you want your website to be able to handle a bigger number of users simultaneously.
VPS is affordable than dedicated hosting, You may want to upgrade to VPS before moving to dedicated hosting, however, if you want to shot straight to dedicated, it is still the best option when you can afford to rent dedicated resource than comes with it on a monthly basis.
Some VPS hosting companies offer features like dedicated IPs, SSH, and root access, FTP accounts, etc. It comes with dedicated RAM and Storage as well as CPUs I can recommend it for Business Hosting
What Business Hosting?
A business hosting is a kind of hosting that delivers more power using the resources such as Virtual Private Server or you can choose to just purchase a Business Hosting Plan, delivering high performance and power, offering a RAM, CPU, and bandwidth for online traffic.
With Business Hosting, you get cPanel that’s very easy to use and is simplified. No administration skills needed for server management. You get dedicated resources such as memory and disk space just available for you to use – the server will cater to your website only.
With your Business Hosting plan, you can add unlimited websites to host with the same plan. You can use your cPanel to create unlimited emails. Or get Office 365 free plan for a year.
Get a faster loading website to avoid lost potential customers on a website that loads slower. The faster the website results in more visitors, and the more the customers will result in greater revenue.
If you not selling a product on your website, with a high number of visitors coming into your website, you can worry-free about crushes, they may happen when using shared hosting. You can use your dedicated resources as you wish.
Business Hosting is far more complicated than one can explain – It can come from shared hosting, VPS, cloud and dedicated hosting – what is classified as ‘Business Hosting’ can be customized by you – However for a Business Website I prefer a package with dedicated resources to provide more power for a website and potential clients.
Get a hosting best suited for your business with any hosting company. You can host your business website at the lowest price, as you start, and there’s plenty of room to upgrade anytime you feel like to.
With this kind of hosting you are ready to go with a virtual private server to best run your online business – whether you running an eCommerce website, a high-traffic website or hosting videos, photos and even download, there’s just a hosting plan for you.
What is VPS?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server which provides you with dedicated resources catered for your websites such as RAM, CPUs (Virtually allocated) and Disk Storage. You can control your website root however you want, you get complete access to your hosting package.
VPS HOSTING FEATURES
- Faster speed than that with shared hosting. You get a dedicated CPU and RAM that caters for your website. CPU is used to process the website at a faster speed, and RAM is a memory resource, all used to power your website.
- Easy to use – you don’t need intense training, in fact, you need none at all to be able to navigate around your cPanel.
- You get free SSL to secure your website. (In most packages offered by hosting companies)
- A Business Hosting Plan as well as VPS Business Hosting can handle high traffic, and they are easy to use, and give power to your website.
You can host your website in the cloud, have your content stored securely on the internet and you can be able to access your cloud website files wherever you are when you need to make changes.
Cloud Hosting is almost equivalent with dedicated hosting – however, yes, as with the cloud hosting, you get dedicated resources such as Hosting Space, RAM, IP Address or more, CPUs, etc. Cloud Hosting is cheaper than dedicated hosting.
11 Companies Offering VPS and Cloud Hosting for Websites
Get high performance with GoDaddy VPS Hosting plans – they come with high-performance SSDs – and it takes minutes to setup – Your Pages will load fast, as GoDaddy has regional data centers. You may use your VPS package to run an eCommerce as well as Business Apps, Financial Web Apps and a lot more, you can host multiple sites and/or used it as an email server. You can host your website or use it as your database server, and or combine all together as you wish.
GoDaddy offers Self-Managed VPS and Managed VPS. Self-Managed Server offers or rather gives you access to the root of your server through SSH. You can choose to run it on CentOS 7, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, or Debian 8, You can 1 Dedicated IP Address, FREE SSL Certificate with 24/7 support.
Managed VPS comes with cPanel/WHM and runs on CentOS 7, the server is updated automatically, your backups are automated, and in addition, you get uptime monitoring and a 1-click installation of a number of free applications.
Your VPS with GoDaddy comes with a snapshot, which is an image of your server in case anything goes wrong; your server files will be restored.
Go to GoDaddy’s VPS page to compare features and resources offered…
Get the full benefit of the VPS that it has to offer. Get your own resources, and get RAM, CPU and Disk space allocated for your website environment. You will be able to enjoy the power and performance of your website with the right package from BlueHost.
You won’t share even an OS (Operating System). You won’t have to share resources unlike with shared hosting. Shared Hosting doesn’t guarantee your webs speed, RAM, and CPU usage as it is shared with other users.
As VPS package user you get full access to your root, you can make changes as wish without limitation with BlueHost. Blue Host offers a free domain name for the first year when you purchase a VPS package. You will have to renew the domain yourself when it’s due for renewal the following year.
You get 30-day money-back guarantee in case you are not happy with their service, and thus it is always better to test the waters, there are restrictions. You will also get a full 24/7 support whenever you need to resolve technical issues and more.
The VSP Hosting by BlueHost gives you the power you need with SSD Storage; all it takes is choosing the right package for your website. BlueHost offers Standard, Enhance and Ultimate VPS hosting packages – and the pricing of each package is based on resources offered.
- A standard VPS package gets you 2 Cores, 30GB SSD Storage, 2GB RAM, 1TB Web Traffic and 1 IP Address
- An Enhanced VPS package gets you 2 Cores, 60GB SSD Storage, 4GB RAM, 2TB Web Traffic and 2 IP Addresses
- The Ultimate VPS package gets you 4 Cores, 120GB SSD Storage, 8GB RAM, 3TB Web Traffic and 2 IP Addresses
All this from less than $20, 00 per month (Promotional price, reverts to normal pricing on the 2nd term), however, the normal pricing starts from $29.99 per month.
Find more information on BlueHost VPS page
HostGator VPS (Linux Managed VPS)
Secure your website with reliable HostGator’s VPS hosting and get the right web traffic for your website. You get full control and use any software you need to work with. HostGator VPS provides unlimited subdomains, email addresses, databases, FTP account as well as private nameservers for your website’s functionality.
HostGator ensures your website is always online, and you may contact them to get full 24/7 support with any kind of assistance regarding your VPS hosting plan of cause. You get all kind of tools to help you launch your website in time. Your work will be backed up weekly.
Each package includes CPU, RAM, Disk Storage, Bandwidth, and IP Addresses. Some advanced server features are also included such as cPanel and WHM and it is optional. You may include Apache. Languages supported include PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, and FFMpeg.
HostGator VPS comes with Website Security such as DDOS Protection and a Secured VPS and IP table Firewall. A VPS package also includes bandwidth suppliers such as NTT, ATT AboveNet, Comcast, Global Crossing and Level (3).
You can choose from self-manage and fully-managed VPS hosting from HostGator. HostGator has just the right package for your VPS solution.
- A Snappy 2000 VPS package gets you 2 Cores, 120GB Storage, 2GB RAM, 1.5TB Web Traffic and 2 IP Address
- A Snappy 4000 VPS package gets you 2 Cores, 165GB Storage, 4GB RAM, 2TB Web Traffic and 2 IP Addresses
- A Sappy 8000 VPS package gets you 4 Cores, 240GB SSD Storage, 8GB RAM, 3TB Web Traffic and 2 IP Addresses
From less than $30.00, you can get the fastest VPS server from HostGator. You can also upgrade or move your site to HostGator with the unlimited tools offered. You don’t need technical training to operate a fully manage VPS server package.
VPS without any doubt is better than shared hosting – your only responsibility is choosing the right package for your website. Rather be over resourced than under resource. Have enough room for growth; however, upgrading is just a click of a button when you reach your limit usage.
For more information visit the HostGator VPS page, and compare prices.
Vox Virtual Hosting
Vox makes use of VMware technology to host your virtual servers for a reliable speed and performance. You can customize the virtual package as you wish to best meet the needs of your website. The VMs used by Vox are highly stable, secure and physically strong – they have redundancy feature as well as disaster recovery. Your server will be more secure and can be recovered when something wrong happens.
You can configure and customize the server as you wish, – You will get access to your disk space, bandwidth, RAM and CPU.
You can choose to fully manage your own server or have it fully managed by Vox. Your server is definitely yours and dedicated to your website. You get dedicated resources to cater to your website alone. You get full root access to configure the virtual server as you wish.
In case you overuse your resources before the monthly limit, or overgrow your resources offered – you can upgrade your server within minutes at no questions asks. Use the user-friendly interface to access and make changes to your server and website.
For more information visit the Vox VPS page.
One thing about VPS is the quickest set-up than with dedicated hosting. Your server can be ready within a few minutes, and unlike dedicated hosting, VPS Hosting doesn’t have set-up fees. There are no additional payments – what you see is the price you pay.
1-grid are locally hosted in South Africa thus your site will always be accessible, and also will be backed up on secured data center.
Be in control of your own VPS hosting package from as little as R319, and get the highest standard of security – Biometric Security on 1-grid data centers and their network. Get an extra layer of security and that’s the SSL Certificate when you take up any VPS package with 1-grid.
We all want full access to our files, and 1-grid offers just that, you can access your dedicated VPS using SSH and RDP access. If you are no longer interested in Shared Hosting and willing to get better and great performance for your website, VPS is a way to go to increase your website loading time with powerful resources that comes with VPS.
If you want to configure and make changes your server, you will have all the access, and your hosting will be stable and flexible as you have a choice in a number of resources to use such as OS (Operating System) and/or software that you want to be installed in your VPS.
Except for CPU, Storage, and RAM, you can also look into extra additional options to add on your VPS packages such as Software add-ons, extra add-ons, call-in add-ons, MS SQL Server version 2 core license pack and more.
1-grid also offers Managed VPS Solutions. The full control, self-managed VPS hosting offers SMALL, MEDIUM and LARGE VPS packages.
- A small VPS Package offers 2TB bandwidth, 50GB Storage, 2GB RAM, and 1 vCPU for only R319 per month
- A Medium VPS Package offers 3TB bandwidth, 100GB Storage, 4GB RAM, and 2 vCPU for only R519 per month
- A Large VPS Package offers 4TB bandwidth, 150GB Storage, 6GB RAM, and 3 vCPU for only R319 per month
Bandwidth overage will cost you 50c per Gigabyte, Visit the 1-grid hosting page for more information.
1-Grid Business VPS Hosting
1-grid also offers Business VPS Hosting from 719 per month. You won’t have to share resources, get your own vCPUs, Disk Space, RAM and Web traffic dedicated to your website. With a Business VPS hosting the minimum number of CPUs offered is 2.
Your server will be managed and yet your Managed VPS Hosting cPanel will be satisfactory.
HostAfrica VPS and Cloud Hosting
HostAfrica has been proving Hosting Solutions for years now – They are trusted and reliable. Their infrastructure is robust, fast and secured. HostAfrica offers VPS (Virtual Private Server) for South Africa and Europe ensuring the best speed on both regions.
You are able to contact HostAfrica if you want to customize your VPS for your website needs if you don’t find the packages offered satisfying.
African Clients are served through secured data centers in South Africa, whereas European clients are served through Dusseldorf, Germany data center.
Operating systems used include Windows and Linux versions if you want a different version you can contact HostAfrica. They also offer a vCPU which is a Virtual Processing Unit. You can assign more than 1 vCPU to your VPS package. Also, take note of the importance of RAM which is the memory that the systems can handle to handle server’s tasks.
I know when I buy a phone, I often check for RAM – you will get 1 IP address for each package, additional IP Addresses are charged a small fee on a monthly basis. You may host all your websites under one VPS package as long as they will be able to function well with the resources of your chosen or customized package.
With HostAfrica web Traffic is unlimited however FUP applies (FUP – Fair Use Policy) , you will get full access, and your files will be stored on SSD for faster loading time to retrieve data, You cancel your contract anytime you want. HostAfrica offer VPS SSD S Package, VPS SSD M Package, VPS SSD L Package, VPS SSD XL Package, VPS SSD XXL Package, VPS SSD XXL+ Package, VPS SSD XXL++ Package, and VPS SSD XXL+++ Package.
Each package includes a Virtuozzo Container, Linux System, Remote/SSH Access.
- a VPS SSD S Package includes a 10GB Storage, 1GB RAM, and 1 vCPU for only R100 per month
- a VPS SSD M Package includes a 50GB Storage, 2GB RAM, and 2 vCPU for only R230 per month
- a VPS SSD L Package includes a 100GB Storage, 4GB RAM, and 3 vCPU for only R415 per month
- a VPS SSD XL Package includes a 200GB Storage, 6GB RAM, and 4 vCPU for only R650 per month
- a VPS SSD XXL Package includes a 500GB Storage, 8GB RAM, and 8 vCPU for only R1220 per month
- a VPS SSD XXL+ Package includes a 500GB Storage, 16GB RAM, and 8 vCPU for only R1580 per month
- a VPS SSD XXL++ Package includes a 500GB Storage, 24GB RAM, and 10 vCPU for only R2030 per month
- a VPS SSD XXL++ Package includes a 500GB Storage, 32GB RAM, and 12 vCPU for only R2480 per month
HostAfrica Windows Cloud Server
The HostAfrica Solutions includes a Windows Cloud Server and it is KVM powered. It makes use of SSD storage for faster retrieval of files; you get free Static IP address, RDP Sessions.
You will get full root access to your cloud server. Server locations include South Africa, Germany, USA –Chicago, USA – Los Angeles, Brazil, and the United Kingdom.
From R570 per month, you can have your website ready and fully functional online. HostAfrica Windows Cloud Server offers a minimum of 3 cores processor and 4GB RAM as well as a minimum of 150GB SSD Storage.
HostAfrica Linux Cloud Server
From as little as R130 you can get a minimum of 1 core processor, 1GB Memory and 20GB SSD Storage with uncapped bandwidth. Uncapped Web Traffic has a Fair User Policy to follow. It is best to visit HostAfrica to read the terms and conditions of web traffic usage.
With Linux Cloud Server you can run your own custom OS (Operating System) ISO
Not only does it offer a Linux VPS solutions but HostKing also offers a Windows VPS (see). Any of the two will offer the greatest benefit for your hosting solution. VPS is a step closer to dedicated hosting, as it offers you resources that an expensive rock solid dedicated hosting can offer. Save money and thin VPS with Hosking.
Think Speed, Stability, Reliability, Support, Full Access and more. HostKing services include VPS backups on a weekly basis.
Redundant Power Supplies are utilized to decrease and/or eliminate power failures. Severs are hosted on Dual Xeon Servers with 64GB ECC RAM.
The HostKing Linux packages offered are Starter, Standard, Business, Ultimate and Extreme VPS.
- A Starter VPS Package offers 1 CPU CORE, 2GB RAM, 25GB Storage, 50GB bandwidth, 20 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (managed) for R499
- A Standard VPS Package offers 2 CPU CORE, 4GB RAM, 50GB Storage, 100GB bandwidth, 50 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (managed) for R639
- A Business VPS Package offers 3 CPU CORE, 6GB RAM, 100GB Storage, 200GB bandwidth, 100 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (managed) for R839
- The Ultimate VPS Package offers 4 CPU CORE, 8GB RAM, 200GB Storage, 400GB bandwidth, 100 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (managed) for R1039
- A Starter VPS Package offers 6 CPU CORE, 10GB RAM, 400GB Storage, 800GB bandwidth, 100 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (managed) for R1289
The HostKing unmanaged VPS packages offered are Micro, Mini, Starter, Standard, Business, Ultimate and Extreme VPS.
- A Micro VPS Package offers 1 CPU CORE, 0.5GB RAM, 10GB Storage, 100GB bandwidth, 10 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (Self-managed) for R59
- A Mini VPS Package offers 2 CPU CORE, 1GB RAM, 10GB Storage, 500GB bandwidth, 10 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (Self-managed) for R109
- A Starter VPS Package offers 1 CPU CORE, 2GB RAM, 25GB Storage, 1000GB/1TB bandwidth, 20 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (Self-managed) for R219
- A Standard VPS Package offers 2 CPU CORE, 4GB RAM, 50GB Storage, 1000GB/1TB bandwidth, 50 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (Self-managed) for R539
- A Business VPS Package offers 4 CPU CORE, 8GB RAM, 100GB Storage, 1500GB/1.5TB bandwidth, 100 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (Self-managed) for R739
- The Ultimate VPS Package offers 6 CPU CORE, 8GB RAM, 200GB Storage, 2000GB/2TB bandwidth, 100 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (Self-managed) for R1039
- A Starter VPS Package offers 8 CPU CORE, 10GB RAM, 400GB Storage, 2000GB/2TB bandwidth, 100 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (Self-managed) for R1289
For more information visit the HostKing VPS page for manage VPS and as well as the unmanaged VPS packages offered by HostKing– Get all the support and necessary information. Please do take note of the resources offered to decide on which package will suit your business, bearing in mind that upgrading takes minutes when you’ve used all your dedicated resources.
They also offer Managed cPanel VPS and Plesk VPS however, we are currently noting down prices for a managed cPanel VPS Package.
- A Starter cPanel VPS Package offers 1 CPU CORE, 1GB RAM, 40GB Storage, 50GB bandwidth, 25 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (managed) for R719
- A Standard cPanel VPS Package offers 2 CPU CORE, 2GB RAM, 50GB Storage, 100GB bandwidth, 25 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (managed) for R829
- A Business cPanel VPS Package offers 4 CPU CORE, 4GB RAM, 100GB Storage, 200GB bandwidth, 50 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (managed) for R1039
- The Ultimate cPanel VPS Package offers 6 CPU CORE, 8GB RAM, 200GB Storage, 400GB bandwidth, 100 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (managed) for R1239
- A Starter cPanel VPS Package offers 8 CPU CORE, 10GB RAM, 400GB Storage, 800GB bandwidth, 100 MBIT/S Port, 1 IP Address (managed) for R1489
An EliteHost offer both Local Linux VPS and International VPS – EliteHost makes use of Open VZ software to cater all your virtualization needs for your Private Servers. Just like with dedicated servers you get root access because VPS offers dedicated resources just for your website.
EliteHost makes use of HDD and not SSD. However, in Website Hosting Environment SSD is always better because it is 20 times faster than HDD.
EliteHost offers SolusVM Control Panel where you can Start, Stop and/or Reboot your VPS – Gives you a full OS Management, Real-Time Resource Monitor, etc.
Local Linux VPS by EliteHost offers VPS1-ZA, VPS2-ZA, VPS3-ZA, and VPS4-ZA Packages and each package comes with unlimited traffic and free setup.
- A VPS1-ZA Package offers 0.6 Ghz CPU, 20GB HDD and 512MB RAM for R200.00 per month
- A VPS2-ZA Package offers 1.2 Ghz CPU, 40GB HDD and 1024MB RAM for R400.00 per month
- A VPS3-ZA Package offers 1.8 Ghz CPU, 60GB HDD and 1536MB RAM for R600.00 per month
- A VPS4-ZA Package offers 2.4 Ghz CPU, 80GB HDD and 2048MB RAM for R800.00 per month
EliteHost also has international VPS packages hosted in Los Angeles, USA and also offers unlimited bandwidth and free set-up.
- A VPS1-USA Package offers 0.6 Ghz CPU, 40GB HDD and 512MB RAM for R150.00 per month
- A VPS2-USA Package offers 1.2 Ghz CPU, 80GB HDD and 1024MB RAM for R250.00 per month
- A VPS3-USA Package offers 1.8 Ghz CPU, 120GB HDD and 1536MB RAM for R350.00 per month
- A VPS4-USA Package offers 2.4 Ghz CPU, 160GB HDD and 2048MB RAM for R450.00 per month
Choose the right package for your business website and/or your blog, also you may want to look at Business Hosting solutions hosted by Elite
AfriHost Cloud Hosting
AfriHost offers a range of different Cloud Hosting Solutions from Managed Cloud Hosting all the way to Enterprise Cloud Hosting.
AfriHost Managed Cloud Hosting
Sometimes you don’t have to deal with the work, Configuring and managing your own Cloud Hosting, it can be time-consuming. So AfriHost wants to take the load off your back and manage your OS and cloud server.
For a small fee, AfriHost will assist you with everything you need regarding your hosting package. From as little of R810 per month you get the minimum of 4TB Web Traffic, 100GB HDD Size (I rather prefer SSD), however, having hosted with AfriHost, I was satisfied with their service.
You will get a 2GB RAM, 1 vCPU and data transfer overage will only cost 29 cents per GB. These packages are available in both Linux and Windows Managed Cloud Hosting.
AfriHost Cloud Hosting (VM)
AfriHost makes use of VM software to cater to you a dedicated hosting solution for your business website or a blog, giving you the reliable and incredible performance you need. You get your RAM, processing unit, storage and just about any additional resources you may need.
Features include secured data centers, Mellanox Switches, Free Set-Up, Simply Scalability as well as customizing your cloud hosting features and package.
AfriHost Managed Enterprise Cloud Hosting
If need be, you can manage your own enterprise cloud hosting, for your business’ needs. You may get your team to work on your Operating System – however, to minimize risks you can easily get a managed cloud server to get some work off your back.
AfriHost Managed Enterprise Cloud Hosting starts at R1410.00 per month with a minimum of 10TB web traffic, 2 TB HHD, SAN storage type, 6 vCPUs, 12GB RAM and data overage will cost you 29 cents per GB.
AfriHost Enterprise Self-Managed Cloud Hosting
Self-Managed Cloud Hosting starts from as little as R910 with the same minimum resources found in a managed enterprise cloud hosting. You can easily configure your own OS and manage your own Cloud Servers.
AfriHost will still offer assistance with technical issues.
SiteGround Managed Cloud Hosting
Believe it or not SiteGround is one of the best Hosting Companies I’ve come across, and all of their Website Solutions are catered to you and gives you more room to grow just as with cloud hosting solutions offered.
SiteGround will shower you with direct SSH access and secured SFTP file transfers. Get a dedicated IP Address, Free Cloudflare CDN for anyone around the world to access your website with the same speed as if it is hosted in that country.
Get FREE SSL – amazing feature which will also boost your traffic online via search engines, it helps to encrypt your data. SiteGround offers Private DNS and daily backups on their managed cloud hosting packages.
Your resources include CPU, RAM, SSD Storage and 5TB (5000GB) Dedicated Bandwidth. You can configure your own cloud; however, customization allows you to make changes only to all your resources except Bandwidth.
Axxess Cloud Server Hosting
The minimum package offered by Axxess is R80 and offers 100GB Disk Space, 2RAM and 4TB bandwidth, 1 vCPU and 1 IP Address.
You will be able to choose your server name and run it on SERVERNAME.dedicated.co.za where you will be able to manage your server. Their servers are locally hosted in South Africa, thus you get the fastest connection, satisfying your clients and potential customers, or blog readers.
Get in touch with Axxess and enquire about their Cloud Server Hosting Packages offered.
South African COVID-19 Information Portal
iBusiness on COVID-19