The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has placed measures for applicants whose applications are declined and are unable to claim the Special Covid-19 grant.
What you should do if you’re Special Covid-19 SRD Grant is declined.
- Request the decision not to award the grant to be reconsidered through an appeal process.
- Appeals can be made on https://srd.sassa.gov.za.
- The decline will only be reconsidered upon a request from the applicant.
- An application for reconsideration must be made on the website within 30 days of the outcome being available.
- Applicants are reminded to lodge an appeal for every declined application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If my application is approved how will I receive my grant (Money)?
Approved applicants will receive their special Covid-19 SRD Grant through their bank account. Approved applicants who do not have a bank account may receive their grant through SAPO (Post bank) or bank mobile money transfers such as cash send/e-voucher.
When will the grant be paid after my application is approved?
The applications shall be considered from the month of application and paid up to 31 March 2022 provided the qualification criterial continued to be met. Monthly Validations will be made for every application and there will be no automatic qualification, all applications must satisfy the criteria and will be subjected to the entire validation process every month.
What do I need when I apply?
- Contact number that SASSA will use when communicating with you
- Banking details (Account number, Bank Name, Account type)
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions/Declarations and consent form (It is important to understand what you are doing and what you are agreeing to. SASSA considers false declarations as a criminal offence and may result in prosecution)
- Confirm that you have read and understand the “You and your special Covid-19 SRD grant” document
Where can I apply for the Grant?